• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill O'Reilly uh...hodigethere?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Wow...too bad he is not smart enough to research the questions he asked in that video (such as "how did the moon get there?") At least "the blind leading the blind" have someone who is pretty sure about what lies ahead, unlike this moron who leads the brain dead.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Hmmmm; that wasn't the interpretation I had of post #3. To me it sounded more like "Stop letting religion dictate what is taught"; but YMMV.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Hmmmm; that wasn't the interpretation I had of post #3. To me it sounded more like "Stop letting religion dictate what is taught"; but YMMV.
Actually, that is a better interpretation. And that is what I meant. Thanks...:)

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
How does Bill's ignorance turn into "get religion out of school"? Don't get it.

Where do you see "get religion out of school"?:confused:

This is why we can't let religion mess with our science classes.

That is not "get religion out of school". That is "keep religion (a subjective belief system) out of science classes (an objective study of nature).
Bill statements reflect an absolute ignorance of the science of cosmogony and show a willingness to fill in those gaps of ignorance with religious dogma.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
That is not "get religion out of school". That is "keep religion (a subjective belief system) out of science classes (an objective study of nature).
Bill statements reflect an absolute ignorance of the science of cosmogony and show a willingness to fill in those gaps of ignorance with religious dogma.
I disagree. He actually agrees that the moon does it. Yes, he shows his ignorance by asking where the moon came from and so forth but that doesn't necessarily equate to him wanting it in a science class.

Alceste

Vagabond
OMG, O'Reilly doesn't know how the moon and the sun got there? Why doesn't he crack a book on the subject, for the love of Pete?

I'm stunned.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
OMG, O'Reilly doesn't know how the moon and the sun got there? Why doesn't he crack a book on the subject, for the love of Pete?

I'm stunned.
I'm not. People are more comfortable with infotainers who share their primary characteristics.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
O'Reilly is ignorant of a lot more than science, isn't he? In his case, ignorance seems to be a personality trait.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I disagree. He actually agrees that the moon does it. Yes, he shows his ignorance by asking where the moon came from and so forth but that doesn't necessarily equate to him wanting it in a science class.
According to a transcript from The O'Reilly Factor site, he does.

A controversy has erupted over "intelligent design," the theory that a higher power was involved in creating the universe. The ACLU and other like-minded groups are adamantly opposed to even mentioning "intelligent design" in public schools. Biology professor Michael Grant agrees the theory has nothing to do with science. "The proper place to talk about those issues," Grant said, "is in comparative religion and philosophy classes. Biology classes should be science. Science uses our best understanding of the natural world at this point in time." The Factor argued that evolution and intelligent design can both be offered as competing theories. "People like the ACLU who don't want you to mention the possibility of intelligent design are the Taliban in this case; they are the ones infringing on the rights of American students."

Bill O'Reilly: The O'Reilly Factor Flash

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OK, OK....my last off topic post. Snoop, a young girl who is a contract killer for Marlow, needs to
buy a new nail gun to board up vacant buildings where she hides the bodies. Chris is her partner.
She can be hard to understand, but so eloquent. The salesman never knew he was being schooled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-uY7P3pe4

Last edited:

Sententia

OK, OK....my last off topic post. Snoop, a young girl who is a contract killer for Marlow, needs to
buy a new nail gun to board up vacant buildings where she hides the bodies. Chris is her partner.
She can be hard to understand, but so eloquent. The salesman never knew he was being schooled.
[youtube]gE-uY7P3pe4[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-uY7P3pe4

One of my all time fav scenes. That was a great show.

Alceste

Vagabond
That was a great show, although I thought they must have been drinking when they made (and edited) the last episode. It seemed a little... Untidy.