• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birmingham University manuscript of Quran: Who could have written/dictated the following verses?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I give below seven verses 20:1-7 from:
Collections:Mingana-Islamic Arabic-Islamic Arabic 1572a
[al-Qurʼān]Two leavesfrom a Hijazi Qurʼān containing verses from Surah 18 (Al-Kahf, ‘The Cave’), verses 17–23; Surah 19 (Maryam, ‘Mary’), verses 91–98; and Surah 20 (Ta-Ha, 'Ta-Ha'), verses 1–40. Probably mid-7th century.
http://vmr.bham.ac.uk/Collections/M...na_Islamic_Arabic_1572a_folio_1_verso/viewer/

[20:1]In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[20:2]Ta Ha.
[20:3]We have not sent down the Qur’an to thee that thou shouldst be distressed,
[20:4]But as an exhortation for him who fears God,
[20:5]And a revelation from Him Who created the earth and the high heavens.
[20:6]He is the Gracious God Who has settled Himself on the Throne.
[20:7]To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and whatsoever is between them, and whatsoever is beneath the moist subsoil.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=20

None of the followings having scriptures of their own believed in Allah before Quran/Islam/Muhammad:
Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity etc, or any of the denominations of these religions.​
[20:3]We have not sent down the Qur’an to thee that thou shouldst be distressed,
None of the followings ever named their scriptures as Quran :
Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity etc, or any of the denominations of these religions.

So it is wrong to claim that Quran existed before Muhammad's birth. The eternal evidence of Quran rejects this notion categorically.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I would implore every religion and the denomination of every religion!

None of the followings having scriptures of their own believed in Allah before Quran/Islam/Muhammad:
Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity etc, or any of the denominations of these religions.
So it is wrong to claim that Quran existed before Muhammad's birth. The eternal evidence of Quran rejects this notion categorically.
Regards

Reference my post # 21 above.

Princeps Eugenius

[al-Qurʼān]Two leavesfrom a Hijazi Qurʼān containing verses from Surah 18 (Al-Kahf, ‘The Cave’), verses 17–23; Surah 19 (Maryam, ‘Mary’), verses 91–98; and Surah 20 (Ta-Ha, 'Ta-Ha'), verses 1–40. Probably mid-7th century.
http://vmr.bham.ac.uk/Collections/M...na_Islamic_Arabic_1572a_folio_1_verso/viewer/

[20:7]To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and whatsoever is between them, and whatsoever is beneath the moist subsoil.

Who could have written/dictated the above verses?
Whether a Jew, a Christian, a Meccan idolatrous, a Zoroastrian, a Hindu, a Buddhist, an Atheist etc.? Please name the religion/sect/denomination and quote from such religion’s basic books for an evidence.

Regards
The quran is an awful book to read. Especially the english or european translations. I did it and it was alot worse than the bible even. I heard its better in the original arabic because the quran is supposed to rhyme like a rap song or poetry. Ofcourse this is not present in the English form.

Looncall

Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity etc, or any of the denominations of these religions.​

Regards

This style of argument looks mighty circular to me. It seems that your commitment to the Quran renders you incapable of discussing it rationally.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The quran is an awful book to read. Especially the english or european translations. I did it and it was alot worse than the bible even. I heard its better in the original arabic because the quran is supposed to rhyme like a rap song or poetry. Ofcourse this is not present in the English form.
No harm in reading Quran Recitation in Arabic, it requires vocabulary of just about 2500 words, it is so easy.
Regards