• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Cops Persecute White Man For Legal Speech

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Inspired by another thread, I thought
it useful to show that racism isn't
exclusively the province of whites.

This case isn't in the news, other than
youtube videos. So if one doesn't
want to watch it, I understand. Videos
can be unavailable or even annoying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another case of a black cop abusing white folk
because he enjoys seeing them suffer.
Why is this newsworthy?
Many believe that police abuse happens only
to blacks. And the solution is more black cops.
The real problem is mean, corrupt, incompetent
cops due to poor vetting & training, with little
or no accountability. The problem of dangerous
cops is far larger than racism.

TurkeyOnRye

I didn't see any racism. I saw police officers over-extending their power and being petty. I think the power differential between police officer and citizen is far far greater than the power differential between the average white person and the average black person. I do think that the citizen could have handled the situation in a way that disarmed the officers rather than instigating them, but by the same token, the officers could have respected the situation of a citizen operating at the edges of—but still within the boundaries of—their rights. There was definitely an air of comradery between the police officers as they were discussing their interaction with this citizen and the circumstances in which they could exercise their powers against him.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Another case of a black cop abusing white folk
because he enjoys seeing them suffer.
Why is this newsworthy?
Many believe that police abuse happens only
to blacks. And the solution is more black cops.
The real problem is mean, corrupt, incompetent
cops due to poor vetting & training, with little
or no accountability. The problem of dangerous
cops is far larger than racism.
**** the pigs.
As I said, doing rideshare I didn't need a dashcamera to protect me from random strangers but to protect me from the cops.

TurkeyOnRye

Never even implied there was.
My theme is that racism isn’t necessarily to explain all inter-racial encounters that go south.
Perhaps that was the intended message, but that is not what I heard when I read this:

Perhaps you meant to say something like "behaviors which could be construed as being racially motivated are not the exclusive province of whites."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps that was the intended message, but that is not what I heard when I read this:

Perhaps you meant to say something like "behaviors which could be construed as being racially motivated are not the exclusive province of whites."
It seems I was to subtle.....or clumsy.
I mock the notion that inter-racial strife is always due
to racism when whites are the perps, & blacks are the
victims. Nonetheless, my poor communication skills
still got you here to discuss the matter, & breathe
a little life into the thread. For that, I thank you.

The larger problem of policing is that poorly trained
bullies are hired as cops. They then commit crimes
against civilians without accountability. Whether
their motives are racism, avarice, politics, misandry,
rage, misogyny, or other hostilities, the carnage
they cause must be stopped.

Last edited:

TurkeyOnRye

It seems I was to subtle.....or clumsy.
I mock the notion that inter-racial strife is always due
to racism when whites are the perps, & blacks are the
victims. Nonetheless, my poor communication skills
still got you here to discuss the matter, & breathe
a little life into the thread. For that, I thank you.

The larger problem of policing is that poorly trained
bullies are hired as cops. They then commit crimes
against civilians without accountability. Whether
their motives are racism, avarice, politics, misandry,
rage, misogyny, or other hostilities, the carnage
they cause must be stopped.
I think poor training may play I role, though I think there is something to say about the corrupting influence of power. I would guess that most people assume incorrectly that given power, they would wield it justly and without bias. I've seen people's personalities turn when their Twitter followers break into the 4 digit range. What hope does the common man have when given sweeping government authority?

Shadow Wolf

I think poor training may play I role, though I think there is something to say about the corrupting influence of power. I would guess that most people assume incorrectly that given power, they would wield it justly and without bias. I've seen people's personalities turn when their Twitter followers break into the 4 digit range. What hope does the common man have when given sweeping government authority?
That's why the FBI emphasises a cop culture that is above mediocrity along with leadership that promotes ethical behvaiors.
But cop culture and cop worship doesn't help. People are so blind and dumb to the police some believe they only arrest those who are guilty. Amd as @Revoltingest is pointijg out here, the belief that only white cops are racist towards black people. But they fail to realize even black cops are brutal, corrupt amd prejudiced towards both black and white people. Really, cops are just prejudiced against everyone and trained to he so as they see us all as threats who are probably guilty of something, but especially so if you're female, poor or of a minority group. Or evem a man because they get shot a lot.
It doesn't have to be this way, amd indeed the cops aren't among the greatest dangers faced by people in many other countries.

TurkeyOnRye

That's why the FBI emphasises a cop culture that is above mediocrity along with leadership that promotes ethical behvaiors.
But cop culture and cop worship doesn't help. People are so blind and dumb to the police some believe they only arrest those who are guilty. Amd as @Revoltingest is pointijg out here, the belief that only white cops are racist towards black people. But they fail to realize even black cops are brutal, corrupt amd prejudiced towards both black and white people. Really, cops are just prejudiced against everyone and trained to he so as they see us all as threats who are probably guilty of something, but especially so if you're female, poor or of a minority group. Or evem a man because they get shot a lot.
It doesn't have to be this way, amd indeed the cops aren't among the greatest dangers faced by people in many other countries.
Speaking of prejudice...

Shadow Wolf

Speaking of prejudice...
It's a fact they are trained to be suspicious amd see us all as potential threats and dangers (Warrior Training, as it's called), that whwn they pull over your or me that we could be that one who kills them.
And they have this mentality, that stems from their training, despite the fact there are several jobs more damgerous and deadly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Diversity hires aren't improving the situation.
More black cops simply means that they're a
greater portion of incompetent & corrupt cops.

In this video, a black prison warden illegally arrests
2 white men. Later at a restaurant, the warden
sucker punches the much smaller white man.
Cops arrive.
A black cop (warden's friend) views the surveillance
recording, & sides with the warden. Cops take the
victim's phone & the dash cam memory card (of the
car the warden vandalized), but the cops won't return
them. The warden took the victim's phone.
The warden isn't being charged with anything.

Be careful if ever in Little Rock AK.

amorphous_constellation

Well I watched about half of it, and couldn't get through it. I have been watching some police body camera stuff lately, and I think I just find those situations generally scary. I think my inclination is still to think that de-escalation methods are not employed enough. I mean, a lot of the people they seem to arrest are experiencing a moment when they are full of bad energy, and it is easy to see that they will say or do things that they would not do in a calmer state. I couldn't see racism at play

Not that it matters, but I don't really know how much I sympathize with the man who was arrested, in this case. I am not saying he should have been arrested, if in fact he legally should not have been, for some reason. But I am kind of stuck on trying to figure out what he was doing. He had a sign that said 'radar ahead.?' Why? So that speeders will slow down? I am not a fan of speeders.

I wish people would slow down more, generally. My parents for example, live at the bottom of hill, at a road that serves as a school exit. All these kids speed down it, but I think there should be a sign that says 'blind driveway' or something.

amorphous_constellation

It's a fact they are trained to be suspicious amd see us all as potential threats and dangers (Warrior Training, as it's called), that whwn they pull over your or me that we could be that one who kills them.
And they have this mentality, that stems from their training, despite the fact there are several jobs more damgerous and deadly.

Well one thing I wondered about, was what the difference might be between regular police, and military police. I had heard they are not the same, in terms of training, and what they will do in a situation. The latter, maybe, might focus more-so on just discipline, and use deadly force as the last resort?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well I watched about half of it, and couldn't get through it. I have been watching some police body camera stuff lately, and I think I just find those situations generally scary. I think my inclination is still to think that de-escalation methods are not employed enough. I mean, a lot of the people they seem to arrest are experiencing a moment when they are full of bad energy, and it is easy to see that they will say or do things that they would not do in a calmer state. I couldn't see racism at play

Not that it matters, but I don't really know how much I sympathize with the man who was arrested, in this case. I am not saying he should have been arrested, if in fact he legally should not have been, for some reason. But I am kind of stuck on trying to figure out what he was doing. He had a sign that said 'radar ahead.?' Why? So that speeders will slow down? I am not a fan of speeders.

I wish people would slow down more, generally. My parents for example, live at the bottom of hill, at a road that serves as a school exit. All these kids speed down it, but I think there should be a sign that says 'blind driveway' or something.
Civilians are imperfect & not trained to deal
with cops, especially ones with itchy trigger
fingers. Cops are supposedly trained to
de-escalate situations, & to respect the civil
rights of everyone, even jerks, loudmouths,
fools, etc.
Anger & vengeance don't justify the crime
of street justice or "tune-ups".

Shadow Wolf

Well one thing I wondered about, was what the difference might be between regular police, and military police. I had heard they are not the same, in terms of training, and what they will do in a situation. The latter, maybe, might focus more-so on just discipline, and use deadly force as the last resort?
That I honestly don't know. I've read some regular police training material, I've not talked or read anything about MP training.

Shadow Wolf

There's freedom of information, for one thing, and also because a lot of nasty cops will pull people for doing less than 5MPH over, which is garbage because a part of that will be discrepancies between what the radar says and what the driver's speedometer says, and for the rest driving a little over the speedlimit isn't dangerous in most conditions (and if it's not then the speed limit probably isn't safe either).
Gettint pulled over also gives cops leverage to do about anything they want to those.they pull over. They steal, they rape, they plant evidence, they say bird crap and donut glaze is a drug, they'll say a dog that isn't there smelled something, they'll throw your stuff all over the roadside, and if the arrest you for anything, regardless of guilt, you now have a new obstacle and burden tacked on to your life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's freedom of information, for one thing, and also because a lot of nasty cops will pull people for doing less than 5MPH over, which is garbage because a part of that will be discrepancies between what the radar says and what the driver's speedometer says, and for the rest driving a little over the speedlimit isn't dangerous in most conditions (and if it's not then the speed limit probably isn't safe either).
Gettint pulled over also gives cops leverage to do about anything they want to those.they pull over. They steal, they rape, they plant evidence, they say bird crap and donut glaze is a drug, they'll say a dog that isn't there smelled something, they'll throw your stuff all over the roadside, and if the arrest you for anything, regardless of guilt, you now have a new obstacle and burden tacked on to your life.
I've seen videos where people were pulled over
for these suspicious acts....
- Driving just below the speed limit.
- Driving exactly the speed limti.
- Driving slightly over the speed limit.

As we can observe, the traffic laws are so numerous
& flexible that a cop can pull over anyone just by
following a driver a few minutes, & waiting for an
articulable violation to occur. And then, there is no
threshold below which the cop can't arrest the driver.

Further justification can be invented based upon
highly subjective (non-disprovable) things, eg,
smelling weed, smelling alcohol, air freshener
hanging from the mirror, acting nervous, acting
subdued, glassy eyes, bloodshot eyes, slurred
speech, furtive movements, fitting the description
of a person of interest, laughing, being emotional.

Last edited: