• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blessing on a school

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
In my opinion the ACLU is as dangerous as the "religous right", if it were up to the ACLU we'd all be getting sued for being intollerant of intollerance.

spacemonkey said:
In my opinion the ACLU is as dangerous as the "religous right", if it were up to the ACLU we'd all be getting sued for being intollerant of intollerance.

How do you figure the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) is a dangerous as Religion?

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
nutshell said:
Can you define "in" for me. :D

The reason I ask is because every Sunday Church's are setting up in high-school auditoriums and gyms to hold their service. Does the "in" you're referring to cover this or just the party about prayer and God in school during regular school hours?
In this case, 'in" means occuring on public school property. There seems to be no shortage of churches in most communities, so why should religious events be held on public school property. The real reason for such events is to proselytize. Conducting religious events on public school property implies endorsement of religion by the schools. If you want to go to church, go to a CHURCH, not to a public school functioning as a quasi church.

BrandonE

King of Parentheses
retrorich said:
In this case, 'in" means occuring on public school property. There seems to be no shortage of churches in most communities, so why should religious events be held on public school property. The real reason for such events is to proselytize. Conducting religious events on public school property implies endorsement of religion by the schools. If you want to go to church, go to a CHURCH, not to a public school functioning as a quasi church.
All the instances of churches using school grounds in my community are cases where a new church group has decided to form, but does not yet have a physical building. They subsequently get school board permission to use the facilities on Sundays when no-one else is using them. Although, this is rare in my locale as movie theaters actually seem to be the more popular choice. Nevertheless, I don't see this use as a violation of church and state separation.