• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boyd Packer: Mormons cannot change

tomato1236

Ninja Master
This is the sort of damage that religion does to moral reasoning. Now try to analyze it more logically. Can you see any significant difference between stealing and wrecking a car, and making a lifetime commitment to love and devotion? Does anything stand out for you at all?

We haven't even been talking about homosexuality. Apparently I can't have any kind of conversation without it coming back to this.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
Check the thread title, which may give you a hint.

I don't care. It's not what we were taking about. You're just a little too excited to attack me. I'm sorry. I'm not out to get you. I'm not going to argue with you. I told you I was done discussing it in this thread. The only reason I posted again was because it wasn't about homosexuality.

I didn't come here (to RF) to put you or anyone else down. I didn't come here to walk over other people's beliefs. I didn't come here to be called names. I just want to discuss things and learn and share my beliefs with people who care. If you're angry, I'm sorry. We've already discussed that things will probably work out for you. You even frubaled one of my posts to that end. I'm not your enemy. If it's just fun for you to argue, or to use angry language, well please spare me. It doesn't make me feel good. It's not fun for me. If I'm ruining your life, put me on ignore.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I don't care. It's not what we were taking about. You're just a little too excited to attack me. I'm sorry. I'm not out to get you. I'm not going to argue with you. I told you I was done discussing it in this thread. The only reason I posted again was because it wasn't about homosexuality.

I didn't come here (to RF) to put you or anyone else down. I didn't come here to walk over other people's beliefs. I didn't come here to be called names. I just want to discuss things and learn and share my beliefs with people who care. If you're angry, I'm sorry. We've already discussed that things will probably work out for you. You even frubaled one of my posts to that end. I'm not your enemy. If it's just fun for you to argue, or to use angry language, well please spare me. It doesn't make me feel good. It's not fun for me. If I'm ruining your life, put me on ignore.

I'm not angry and you're not ruining my life. On the contrary, I enjoy talking with you very much. I assume that all posts in the thread relate to the topic of the thread, and try to keep threads on topic as much as possible.

If you for some reason want to make an OT post, which is not really proper etiquette, you may want to indicate that in the post.

I argue because that's what we're here for--this is a debate forum. I'm not using angry language, I'm just focusing the issue. What name did I call you? If someone calls you names, report it to the mods.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
I'm not angry and you're not ruining my life. On the contrary, I enjoy talking with you very much. I assume that all posts in the thread relate to the topic of the thread, and try to keep threads on topic as much as possible.

If you for some reason want to make an OT post, which is not really proper etiquette, you may want to indicate that in the post.

I argue because that's what we're here for--this is a debate forum. I'm not using angry language, I'm just focusing the issue. What name did I call you? If someone calls you names, report it to the mods.

I appreciate this positive language. Thanks. It means something to me that you enjoy talking with me. Perhaps I should avoid debate forums if they are places to debate for the sake of debate. To me there is a difference between cynicism/criticism and debate. Maybe I'm wrong about that, I dunno. I never held too much interest in debate for sport. Also, I'm more interested in having the conversation people express interest in than sticking to the OP. If I must be moved to another forum or deleted, that's fine.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
btw, tomato, we lesbian and gay people are rather sensitive about having our love and commitment compared to murder and child-rape, so you might want to bear that in mind when posting in threads on that subject.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
It comes back to this because that's exactly what this thread is about.

Ok. Well good job bringing the derailed topic back where it belonged. I think you'll find that this will quickly become, for you, like arguing with a brick wall. That can post stuff online.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Interestingly, tomato, on a national level, people's views on these issues have changed dramatically over the last 10 years. As you can see from this huge graphic, acceptance of same-sex marriage is increasing throughout the country:

22gay-chart-custom1.jpg

So I wouldn't be so cynical about people's ability to change their views.

Smoke

Done here.
Ok. Well good job bringing the derailed topic back where it belonged. I think you'll find that this will quickly become, for you, like arguing with a brick wall. That can post stuff online.

Yeah, I figured that out about you a while back.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
No, I prefer reasonable people, but I respond to people of both sorts when I feel like responding.

I see. Well you seem pretty hostile and it makes me feel bad. So if you'd like to limit your posts to the reasonable bunch, that would be ok. Or you could say nice things to me. That would be great. I hear plants grow better when you talk to them. Maybe it works for brick walls, too.

Smoke

Done here.
I see. Well you seem pretty hostile and it makes me feel bad. So if you'd like to limit your posts to the reasonable bunch, that would be ok. Or you could say nice things to me. That would be great. I hear plants grow better when you talk to them. Maybe it works for brick walls, too.

I'm not hostile toward you, and I'm sorry if it comes across that way. I'm very blunt, and I'm not very patient, but I'm rarely angry and I like almost everybody I know.

However I will call you out on what you say. I expect adults to be able to handle that. If you don't like me because of it, that's okay. I'm not a cuddly type of person and I don't try to be. At least you can be assured I won't say anything behind your back that I won't say to your face. :)