• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brahman Temples?

Laudian

Hello all,

Are there Brahman Temples in the United States? I know that there are very, very few in India, but what about in the Western world?

bp789

Do you mean Brahma (no n), as in the deity of creation? I'd say there are probably no Brahma temples at all in the Western world, since Brahma worshippers are an extremely tiny minority.

Laudian

Do you mean Brahma (no n), as in the deity of creation? I'd say there are probably no Brahma temples at all in the Western world, since Brahma worshippers are an extremely tiny minority.

I suppose so. That's quite interesting to know. Thanks!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There are tiny niche shrines for Brahma in some temples, but not the larger ones. Brahma isn't worshipped much in India either.

Still, the concept of emanation is within any deity worshiped as the Supreme. Nataraja's drum is an example.

HankHill

Indian-American Ex-Hindu
There are very very few Brahma temples in India as Brahma (unlike Vishnu, Krishna, Shiva, Durga, etc.) is not worshiped by Hindus even as a minor deity. There are myths describing why this is the case, one of which involves Brahma angering Shiva who then curses Brahma to not be worshiped on earth. However, there is a famous Brahma temple located in the city of Pushkar in Rajasthan.

Almustafa

what about Brahman Temples, as in Advaita-Bhakti temple, do any exist for the public use(as in not an ashram)

HankHill

Indian-American Ex-Hindu
They should develop more brahman temples as there are very few brahman temples

I've never really heard anyone lament the fact that there are so few Brahma temples since no one really wants to worship him anyway. I only hear such comments from people when they find out that Brahma isn't worshiped.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've never really heard anyone lament the fact that there are so few Brahma temples since no one really wants to worship him anyway. I only hear such comments from people when they find out that Brahma isn't worshiped.

Why would it matter to a Christian anyway?