• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Branches?

Theweirdtophat

Are there any branches within the Baha'i Faith? I've only seen people register as a Baha'i only but never saw any specific branches or schools of Baha'i

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Short answer: No.

Medium answer: There has been attamps, but they did not gain significant number of followers. On the internet, its been tried to pretend and show that there are branches. But as you know, anybody on the internet can make websites and write what they want.

Long answer: sorry, my time is limitted. This answer would explain 'Why', it is not possible to make sects within the Baha'I Faith.

arthra

Baha'i
The Baha'i Faith has no specific schools of thought or branches within it... Unity is stressed..but this does not mean we require everyone to think the same way.

We do have consultation on various issues... We allow consultation at our regular Feasts.. When our elected Assemblies meet we consult with each other and at our Unit Conventions we allow consultation.

As Investigate Truth indicated above there have been historic attempts by some to set up their own following or maybe split off from the Faith.. I would say there have been "splinter" groups but these have not been successful.

tjgillies

One of the core ideas of Baha'i is that it is against our religion to have branches. Therefore anyone who forms a branch is essentially going against our core religious teaching and is probably closer to it's own religion than a branch of ours