• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Building a relationship with deities/ancestors/god-s/spirits

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You said it that you are clear that you have been told to seek the Christ.
I just gave you an interpretation of the word.
You will have to decide for yourself what it is you are hearing.

If you are at a standstill then it i time to ask for clarification.
Just ask and then be alert for the manifestation of the answer.

Thats one message I tell them no.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
And it leaves you at a standstill.

Yes. Though thats not my concern. In general, I asked more how to build a physical relationship with my ancestors and spirits. Not tell me what to do or ask indirect questions to think for myself.

Just asking for advice from various faiths and experiences that are not only metaphorical and metaphysical or mystical but actions that mean the same as youe heart.

allfoak

Alchemist
Yes. Though thats not my concern. In general, I asked more how to build a physical relationship with my ancestors and spirits. Not tell me what to do or ask indirect questions to think for myself.

Just asking for advice from various faiths and experiences that are not only metaphorical and metaphysical or mystical but actions that mean the same as youe heart.

Sorry.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I dont make indirect statements to people I post to. In general, I dislike when people (I mean people not only you) make indirect generalized questions or statements on a question unrelated to the instructions included in my OP question.

I see it a lot on multiple threads.

I do understand and know about the oneness, heart part, intent of building a relationship with the spirits (etc). I understand what some of my family are telling me. I disagree with it. Im really more concerned with how to build a physical relationship with them. I mean, prayer and offerings are well meaningful, I just want to go beyond that.

allfoak

Alchemist
I said i was sorry.
I was trying to help.

It seems this is becoming a pattern for me.
time to go away.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
I cant think of another phrase, but how do you personally build a relationship with your deities, ancestors, god/s, and/or spirits (and/or so forth)? (DAGSetcs)...

The God that I believe in (the Bible God) demands obedience. Being obedient builds the relationship, like Abraham became known as "the friend of God" because of his (Abraham's) obedience.

Jon916

Well, for me, doing the things you say you're doing. I don't expect to get really upclose and personal with them--mostly, they aren't friends and family, they are persons I interact with anyway, so I want to maintain cordial (that may not be the right word) relationships with them as much as possible. I don't expect to understand them fully, and I don't expect them to understand me fully--just well enough that they'll look out for me as I look out for them. I expect to hear back from them through visions, dreams, etc.

The only exception to this, I think, would be if a particular DAGS (I like that, by the way) were members of the same clan, the same totem group, then it might be closer and more familiar, more like family or close friends.

For what it's worth, that's how I see it.

They don't really know you if they come back. And for the most part, they don't come back!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The God that I believe in (the Bible God) demands obedience. Being obedient builds the relationship, like Abraham became known as "the friend of God" because of his (Abraham's) obedience.

Hmm. The word obedience reminds me of having no choice but to worship and if not, there are consequences. Do you see your interaction with god as someone you Must bow to or someone who Asks and you Want to (rather than forced out of guilt) to say yes?

If the former, how do you build a relationship from that type of obedience? If the latter, how do you ans god together build that relationship?

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Hmm. The word obedience reminds me of having no choice but to worship and if not, there are consequences. Do you see your interaction with god as someone you Must bow to or someone who Asks and you Want to (rather than forced out of guilt) to say yes?

If the former, how do you build a relationship from that type of obedience? If the latter, how do you ans god together build that relationship?

If God did not want me (and man) to have a choice I don't believe that he would have gave us a choice of obeying or disobeying. The Bible God wants us to have a choice. Yes there are consequences of disobedience but to me consequences aren't forcing me to obey; I can still disobey if I want to if I (and we) are men and women enough to deal with the consequences.

My interaction with God is He gives the command and I choose to obey it. The relationship builds I believe because I do what God likes in choosing to obey Him.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
For me and in Hinduism, ancestors are as important as Gods and Goddesses.They are always with us and we can always converse with them (mentally, I would think what my father and my grandfather would have done in a particular situation. They guide us. The ancestors before my grandfather, i.e., great grandfather and so on would be somewhat similar, though not exactly the same. I get some of my traits, bodily features, health situation, etc. from them). On particular days, they are remembered and charity is given in their name. I have continued the tradition but it will not be continued by my son. He is too self-centered. That is no problem, happens. Perhaps my grandsons and granddaughter will remember me. I am an atheist, I do not believe in souls. But others in my family believe.