• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

But you said you were okay with abortion...

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Yes, I'm aware. I am capable of remembering context, and I choose my words based on the assumption that you are as well. My comments were made within the context of the conditions that YOU stipulated.

This is pointless.

Your comment appeared to oversimplify what i said. Which is why i felt the need to reply to the point specifically.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Your comment appeared to oversimplify what i said. Which is why i felt the need to reply to the point specifically.
I don't suppose I can blame you, with the rampant idiocy and dishonesty on teh intertubes.

However, until you can muster an argument that consists of more than turning the tables, I still say it's pointless.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I don't suppose I can blame you, with the rampant idiocy and dishonesty on teh intertubes.

However, until you can muster an argument that consists of more than turning the tables, I still say it's pointless.

I don't comprehend. What do you mean by 'an argument that consists of more than turning the tables' ?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I don't comprehend. What do you mean by 'an argument that consists of more than turning the tables' ?
"How is that justice?" "How is that not justice?"

If you've actually explained your moral reasoning anywhere in the last 15 or so posts of our back and forth, I totally missed it.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
"How is that justice?" "How is that not justice?"

If you've actually explained your moral reasoning anywhere in the last 15 or so posts of our back and forth, I totally missed it.

Let us step back for a moment: What is justice ? And how do we determine whether something is just ( or unjust ) ?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Let us step back for a moment: What is justice ? And how do we determine whether something is just ( or unjust ) ?
Depends on context, really. For purposes of this thread, I propose we go with equal treatment under the law.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Koldo, AFAICT, your position seems to be that it should always be illegal for anyone to go back on anything they've ever said. Is this correct?

IOW, in your "perfect" world, divorce would be illegal, as would be breaking an engagement. So would apostasy, cancelling an appointment, and being late for dinner. Is this right? Is this what you think we should do?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Koldo, AFAICT, your position seems to be that it should always be illegal for anyone to go back on anything they've ever said. Is this correct?

Although this resembles what i am saying, it is not what i am saying.

IOW, in your "perfect" world, divorce would be illegal, as would be breaking an engagement. So would apostasy, cancelling an appointment, and being late for dinner. Is this right? Is this what you think we should do?

The intention is not to consider 'breaking your word' a forbidden act, but rather to regulate the mechanisms through which it can be done while mantaining justice.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The intention is not to consider 'breaking your word' a forbidden act, but rather to regulate the mechanisms through which it can be done while mantaining justice.
So you are all for Governmental micromanaging of your life?