• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cain and abel, then what.

mohammed_beiruti

so was the first human black white or asian.
if not all 3 you must believe in evolution as there was one race as you say, and now you know there are many.
so the fact that there are many now, and was only one before would state that your story supports evolution just by stating there was only one man adam.

ok ,evolution in terms of one kind evolutes but it keeps it's kind.

for example: I don't believe that a donkey may trurn into a human.

sorry I am not will informed about evolution, so you may disccus this with others.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
You could get more information by reading just a little bit more into the Bible. no where does the Bible say that Adam and Eve had only two sons, Cain and Abel. they had a third son, called Seth. and then, if you read just a little bit more, in Genesis 5:4, you will see that they had more sons and daughters.
so they had children to there mother, is that what you are both saying.
we are in the eyes of Abrahamic religions all inbreds.
And here I was, thinking you wanted an answer. well now that your first answer was potentially answered. I'll address this.
we can assume that Cain married one of the other daughters of Eve. the Bible doesn't say, but that's the logical solution. now you can read the story as it was intended, representing near eastern metaphors which echo in other major story telling in the ancient Near East. or you can examine other historical cases in which you will see, as pointed earlier in this thread, the Pharaohs of Egypt married their biological sisters.

payak

yes, they married there sisters, so thats all settled.
how wonderful to know, i guess if thats all was around they had little choice.

all perhaps man evolved in several places and did not marry there sisters

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
yes, they married there sisters, so thats all settled.
how wonderful to know, i guess if thats all was around they had little choice.

all perhaps man evolved in several places and did not marry there sisters
If all you had a problem with was that the ancient Egyptians married their sisters or incest in general, why start a thread about the Biblical story of Cain?

payak

as you know when questioned are asked, more questions are formed during the discussion.
otherwise it would not be a discussion, things will from time to time come up that are slightly off coarse, thats normal.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
as you know when questioned are asked, more questions are formed during the discussion.
As you should know. there are ways to ask questions and respond to posts. members here are not stupid, and have probably seen most of the questions you can imagine. real motives are evident usually from the first post onward.
when you have been given answers there is no point in responding in a certain way.
face it, members have picked up your intention to create single dimensional posts about the Bible.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Adam and eve begat cain and Abel.
where did there wives come from?

I believe it to be a symbolic story, I want to say that now. But to be a devil's advocate, what about sisters? I would assume that Adam and Eve, if they were literal people would have had more children not mentioned. Think about it, when they have genealogies, the only mention sons- although they also had girls and they only seem to mention one of the sons.

But, as I said before, I believe the story to be symbolic or a parable and not literal.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
In Genesis, it is said that God took a rib from Adam to fashion Eve, but in some translations, rib can also be "side"- which can mean Adam was "split in two"- so to speak. Sounds pretty strange. That is why I am of the opinion that it is not a literal story but symbolic.
If it were to be taken literally, then Pegg would have a great point- that Eve was a female clone of Adam.

gnostic

The Lost One
pegg said:
If anything, she was a clone of him. A female version of himself.

christineES said:
In Genesis, it is said that God took a rib from Adam to fashion Eve, but in some translations, rib can also be "side"- which can mean Adam was "split in two"- so to speak. Sounds pretty strange. That is why I am of the opinion that it is not a literal story but symbolic.
If it were to be taken literally, then Pegg would have a great point- that Eve was a female clone of Adam.

If Eve was a "clone", as you say, then she wouldn't be a "SHE"; Eve would be another MAN.

Being a clone means being a "double" or more precisely a "replicate".