• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cake Request For 6 Year-Old Kal-El Namesake Denied

cardero

Citizen Mod
Full Story Here:

MODENA, New York (Ulster County)- A Hannaford supermarket denied mrscardero a specialty cake for their son Kal-El’s March 17th birthday on the basis that the market only sells this cake by the slice.

The cardero family had been enjoying Hannaford’s “Peanut Butter Lovers Cake” for months so when it came time to decide how to celebrate their son’s 6th birthday, the cardero’s both agreed their son would have appreciated the store’s delicious Peanut Butter Lover’s Cake. But when mrscardero went to their local Hannaford’s to order this cake, her order was denied on the policy of Hannaford’s claims that only the slices were available for sale and the chocolate sheet cake would be impossible to produce for resale.

Mrscardero, obviously puzzled, didn’t understand why they couldn’t create a whole cake for the celebration of their son Kal-El’s birthday. “When they decorate and sell individual pieces, don’t they have to bake a whole chocolate cake anyway?”

Her husband cardero has not taken this denial lightly and will be confronting management about this discrepancy. “If your store makes a Peanut Butter Lover’s cake and we want to give our son Kal-El a Peanut Butter Lover’s cake, then by golly that store better make and sell us a Peanut Butter Lover’s cake!”

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This is a travisty Pat! Especially since your son's birthday happens to also be RF's birthday, as well as my own RF anniversity date.

I think you should mention all this to them.

cardero

Citizen Mod
UPDATE!!UPDATE!!UPDATE!!UPDATE!!UPDATE!!UPDATE!!

mrscardero has reported this incident the Hannaford's CEO branch and she received an answer via phone concerning this incident.

Hi Mrs. Cardero. My name is Christine Garcia the Bakery manager of Hannafords in Plattekill. Ummm It’s around 4pm on Thursday and I am calling about the ummmm the enquiery that was made to our corporate office about the ummmm peanut butter ummm quarter sheet cake. Ummm I had spoken to someone at our ummmm corporate office and they did instruct me to let you know that we ummm do not have a problem making that cake for you as a special order. Ummmm but we normally do not do that for our cakes. Ummmm We charge obviously by the slice. So what we will do is we can make a special order for you but I will need a 24 hour notice ummmm we will make a quarter sheet cake for you and charge you the normal price as a ummmm normal quarter sheet cake. Ummmm Again this is not something we normally do but I am more than happy to do that for you ummmm. So if you would like it at any point in time, you can call Hannafords at ###-###-####. And again my name Christine Garcia the bakery manager and if you would like to speak to me directly, you may ask for me and I will help you as best as I can. Thank you and have a great day

Unfrotunately this allowance comes a little too late, March 17th has passed.

KnowledgeSeeker

Bakeries are so odd about what they will and will not put on a cake. I wanted my husband’s favorite band logo on a cake but the baker said she would not put the design on the cake because she thought it was a satanic symbol. I explained to her what it was but it didn't matter she told me that she does not put things like that on baked goods.

A

angellous_evangellous

That's nuts, Pat.

At first I thought this was a joke.

I hope it works out for you.

A

angellous_evangellous

They should have given you the damn cake for free if you had to call the district office like that.

What a crummy way to do business.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm curious why could you not have just bought a bunch of slices and called it a cake? What possible difference would it make?

A

angellous_evangellous

I'm curious why could you not have just bought a bunch of slices and called it a cake? What possible difference would it make?

Oh come on, man.

A sliced up cake can't be decorated. :shrug:

I'm glad my mama never gave me a sliced up cake on MY birthday.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Oh come on, man.

A sliced up cake can't be decorated. :shrug:
That is patently untrue, Daddy. One could spruce it up in a number of ways that would have enhanced the original product. I'm sorry I just don't grasp why this is a big deal. Granted the store's response was a fairly typical, but there are always alternatives. Why not "glue" the pieces together with peanut butter, for example. It might take a bit of effort, but if warmed, it would spread rather nicely.

A

angellous_evangellous

That is patently untrue, Daddy. One could spruce it up in a number of ways that would have enhanced the original product. I'm sorry I just don't grasp why this is a big deal. Granted the store's response was a fairly typical, but there are always alternatives. Why not "glue" the pieces together with peanut butter, for example. It might take a bit of effort, but if warmed, it would spread rather nicely.

A more creative man than I. :angel2: