• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a God be Insane?

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
Can a god be insane? Why or why not?

Absolutely some of the Gods are surely inane and insane. There are a few who claim that there are no other gods....come on now, they can't see the countless other gods all around them?
:bonk:
Then there's the ones who keep trying to save humans. Even when the humans don't want to be saved, now that's insane! What about the one who likes to like in wait and show just how much folly we humans really have? Besides can you imagine what's it's like to have a Godly job and be answering all those prayers forever? That's enough to drive me insane so I know it more likely knocked over the Older Gods.
:ko:
I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here as I'm polytheistic. With all these Gods and all their different claims with each one really believing and acting as if they have the one and only truth; many of them I'd consider insane. Maybe insane like the happy but crazy person or insane and dangerous but insane either way.

Popeyesays

"I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here as I'm polytheistic. With all these Gods and all their different claims with each one really believing and acting as if they have the one and only truth; many of them I'd consider insane. Maybe insane like the happy but crazy person or insane and dangerous but insane either way."

Are you imanentizing the eschaton? Hail Discordia? It's always fun to find another Robert Anton Wilson fan.

Find a copy of the Butterfly Kid, too. It's great fun and a handful of the gods and goddeses of discordia show up as characters.

Ring of Discordia

Regards,
Scott

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
Are you imanentizing the eschaton? Hail Discordia? It's always fun to find another Robert Anton Wilson fan.

Find a copy of the Butterfly Kid, too. It's great fun and a handful of the gods and goddeses of discordia show up as characters.

:bow: Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!:bow:

LOL Actually I became a fan of Discordia when I ran across it on the web ages ago. I'm not much of a fiction reader so I've compeatly missed anything Robert Anton Wilson but now I'll be on the lookout, right along with "Butterfly Kid."