• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God Evolve?

Dr. Khan

anders said:
The Christian God sure has matured. Think of the OT God: "If you touch my things, I'll kill you" - and he does (2 Sam 6:7). "Look at my things, and I'll kill you" - and he does (1 Sam 6:19; 50 070 dead according to the KJV, 70 according to Swedish Bibles). And look at that woman - she's bleeding from there! Yuck! Don't touch her!!

The NT God is clearly more mature and loving, even having his son killed for a few hours, to show his mercy and compassion.
He is still the same God in the old. God has not changed. He teaches us that we cannot live up to his standards of the Law, that all would perish, much like those at ground zero in Hiroshima and Nakisaki. God is holy, and no man shall see him without being holy himself. Only the pure in heart shall see him . We are but flesh and blood. I think something esle is required, like a spirit akin to him. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God are the Son's of God. You will find that on the day of judgment that there will be many that will see him as vengeful. Therefore the Old Testament is a pretty good mearsuring Stick for those who have not the spirit of Christ in them.:woohoo:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
[PART QUOTE=scitsofreaky]There is an increasingly more popular within deism called panendeism. They believe that the universe is a part of God, and so if the universe is changing/evolving, which it seems to be, then God must be changing.
QUOTE]

When learning Reiki, my 'master' seemed to believe in PanenDeism; his way of relating to this was to explain that all spirits (live humans, spirits in the spirit world, nature and all creatures), as a sum total were 'God'.

Which sounds much like the Taoist way of thought.:)

Master Vigil

I think what you are talking about Michel is Pantheism. The concept of "god is all." That is taoism. Pandeism is a little different, they "believe that God ceased to be an independent and sentient God, and instead became the non-sentient and non-responsive universe."

wikipedia

scitsofreaky

Which sounds much like the Taoist way of thought
I actually know (of) a deist that is also a taoist. He believes that the universe is God's body, and the tao is God's spirit. Very interesting.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Master Vigil said:
I think what you are talking about Michel is Pantheism.
No, what he's talkng about is panendeism which, as far as I can determine, is a wholly superfluous new term for panentheism.

scitsofreaky

Deut. 32.8 said:
No, what he's talkng about is panendeism which, as far as I can determine, is a wholly superfluous new term for panentheism.
I must point out that I have an incomplete understanding of panendeism, but I do know that they deny that it is even like panentheism. I'll try to wrangle the difference out of them for you.

Betho_br

The bible was written some 2,000 years or so ago. We as humans have changed our mind alot on alot of topics in 2,000 years.

Can or has God? Does God still think exactly the same? or Has God evolved like us?
"Considering that God gave man free will, God also shares in this responsibility."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The bible was written some 2,000 years or so ago. We as humans have changed our mind alot on alot of topics in 2,000 years.

Can or has God? Does God still think exactly the same? or Has God evolved like us?
No. God dosent evolve. It can't because God is conceptual.

All throughout the Bible we do see from its various authors writings that God is a personal reflection of each authors individual mind on the concept, with many variations and differences.