• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone please explain beer to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chain

Last visit 2005
Beer..how would I explain this?? Good.

I love Bud Light or Killians Irish Red, or a Heiny, or even a Blue Moon.

Leave Pearl to the old people....

FFH

Veteran Member
I've never tasted any wine, beer or smoked anything...

No joke. I never wanted to try any of these things, ever. I really didn't and still don't. So I can't even participate in this thread, yet I've smelled beer and it smelled pretty nasty, that was enough to make me want to stay away from it altogether.

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

I've never tasted any wine, beer or smoked anything...

No joke. I never wanted to try any of these things, ever. I really didn't and still don't. So I can't even participate in this thread, yet I've smelled beer and it smelled pretty nasty, that was enough to make me want to stay away from it altogether.

The nose isn't exactly the greatest judge of anything. There are quite a few things that smell just awful, but taste amazingly great.

Example... try being in the same place at the same time with a nice well done steak, and open a bottle of coke (or pepsi). The smell is horrible. I don't know why. Steak by itself smells fantastic. Coke doesn't have much of a smell... put them in the same room, and something doesn't smell right.

But the steak still tastes like steak, and the coke still tastes like coke.

If you want to stay away from beer for serious reasons, I understand. If you avoid beer for purely aesthetic reasons... give it a shot. If it really tastes as horrible as it smells, you never have to drink another drop for as long as you live.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I'm not sure I can "explain" beer to you, but if you come over to my house some night, I can expound upon its virtues through the magic of interpretive dance.

Circle_One

To me, there is nothing better than an ice cold beer when I get home from a long, hard day of work. As has been said, it's a form of relaxation for me, just like sparking a butt.

I don't drink to get drunk though. Never have. I detest being drunk (which was one of the reason I got into some serious drugs when I was younger, but I digress). The last time I was actually drunk, was a very long time ago.

Darkwater

Serious drugs bored the hell out of me & interfered with my drinking or exploring my universe..before imploding by way of quantum collapse,then rebuilding again.

Introvert was never really my style & frowned upon by "West of Scotland Man" society or programming.

Circle_One

I'm far from an introvert, quite on the contrary actually. And what I meant about the serious drugs was this by doing them, I was able to drink for two, three days straight, and never get drunk.

Darkwater

I bet you only admit to your small faults to make us think you don't have any big ones?lolz.

As you are still alive & reasonably mentally healthy,am I to assume that you turned your path on its head from the damaging
trying>habit>addiction>leaves you spiritless.......

Into the much better path of unification
trying>habit>addiction>virtue....

In love,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.