• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we survive the apocalypse?

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon

This was said a little over 2000 years ago, so obviously Jesus didn't come quickly and hasn't yet.

There are a number of references in the NT that indicate the associates of Jesus believed themselves to be living in the end times. Clearly, we know that they weren't...any more than we likely are.

Do you see the signs today ?

No.

If you don`t see this happening it is because you don`t want to see or you are not interested.

Then, there's that other option to which I referred above: I don't see any of this happening because it isn't happening and is only a scary story intended to frighten people into believing other improbable things.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Do we have a recipe in order to survive the Apocalypse ?
Do you have ideas how it can be survived ?

The Bible suggests a way with tongue in cheek. Find a cave and stock it up well becasue most of the bad stuff will happen on the surface and it will be a long time until the atmosphere clears up. Needless to say that a cave in a volcanic region won't work because there is apt to be a fracturing of the tectonic plates and multiple volcanos as a result.

As for the timeing, it ought to be obvious when people are called to rapture that the end is near. However there might not be enough time to lay in supplies. It depends on how much risk you wish to take.

I don't see the point in avoiding the apocalypse. The New Agers only survive for another 1,000 years although I suppose even that conflict could be survived by those who don't fight. At any rate survivors are destined to die of old age anyway as opposed to those raptured who have eternal life.

Kerr

So " last days " or " the end "

It means the days before the second coming of our Lord - Jesus Christ.

He promised that He will return and take us with Him ...

" And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelations 22:12

These days will not be easy days for a christian who belives in Him.:

But when ye shall hear of wars, and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass, but the end is not by and by .Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences: and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. ” Luke 21:9-11

Nation against nation , kingdom against kingdom, wars , earthquakes , famine etc...

I see them happening...

“ 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
2 Timothy 3:1-7 - i see all written here happening TODAY !

If you don`t see this happening it is because you don`t want to see or you are not interested.
You would have found those signs 1000 years ago if you lived back them. Wars, disasters, treachery, cheating... they are all darker aspects of humanity that has always been there.

Flankerl

Iam seriously afraid.

Today i saw the signs. They were really wicked ones. They switched between green yellow and red. And then the red would still be on BUT the yellow sign would appear. Only for both of them to vanish to give way for the green.

Iam not going out again.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
Iam seriously afraid.

Today i saw the signs. They were really wicked ones. They switched between green yellow and red. And then the red would still be on BUT the yellow sign would appear. Only for both of them to vanish to give way for the green.

Iam not going out again.

Don't worry, Flankerl. Those things have no power over you if you simply ignore them.

It's the red-and-blue lights which flash alternately as a car speeds up behind you making a weird wailing noise that you have to worry about. :yes: