• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you be Christian without the Bible?

openyourmind

Yes. A person could be transformed into a Christian by Jesus by way of the Spirit having never read the Bible or been to church or heard the Gospel.

I think with such a view of God, you would be highly unlikely to be a Christian or any kind of Godly person. If you became a Christian withut the Bible, your ungodly attitude would go away and I have no doubt that Jesus would lead you to the Bible.

Herein lies your problem. You think you can choose to follow whatever you wish but Jesus never gives you that option. If you want eternal life, you have to follow Him and there is no doubt that Jesus holds the Bible in high regard.
Here it is, the absolute, judgemental, and dominate belief of Christianity!
A belief that directly contradicts everything that is written about God, even in the holy bible.

You have judged a man as being unGodly because they accept your belief.
Matthew 7:2-5
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

You continue to say, Jesus will lead, Jesus said. Why is Jesus always put before God?
Deuteronomy 13:1-18
If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slavery, to make you leave the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

If the controling belief of Christianity is to put Jesus before God. If the only way god will love me is to worship another god. I want nothing to do with it. Your own Holy bible tells you that God's word came first and put "No One" in front of him. You still chose to?! Where is your rational, a little common sense?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Make Your question clear, for me. MAybe I don't understand what you are asking.
You do not address the first point.
Instead you try changing the question.
First you change Bible to Jesus.
Then you add "printed for the masses" to the question.

This technique of yours is called Moving The Goalposts.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Could you be a good Christian without going to church every Sunday?

Why not???

I rarely go to Church on Sunday because I don't care for crowds.
I always go to Eucharist on a Thursday evening.

I doubt there is a class of" Thursday only Christians."

The day of the week is unimportant.
It is the belief in Christ, that makes you Christian.
And trying to follow his teachings may make you a "good one"

genenuega

Why not???

I rarely go to Church on Sunday because I don't care for crowds.
I always go to Eucharist on a Thursday evening.

I doubt there is a class of" Thursday only Christians."

The day of the week is unimportant.
It is the belief in Christ, that makes you Christian.
And trying to follow his teachings may make you a "good one"

Thanks for that insight... =)