• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you still be a Christian and a Gravitationist?

crystalonyx

The latest multiverse theories certainly tend to push a supposed god out of the picture - if the multiverse is infinite in scope, then no creation is needed.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
The latest multiverse theories certainly tend to push a supposed god out of the picture - if the multiverse is infinite in scope, then no creation is needed.
And you display your utter lack of understanding the concept of God and the many views of Him. Placing God in a box never achieves anything other than intelectual dishonesty.

rockondon

when jesus walked on water was he 'unintelligently descending'?

Clearly the theory of gravity is a theory in crisis and about to be tossed out of the classrooms any day now. And then won't those physicists have red faces hey?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
And you display your utter lack of understanding the concept of God and the many views of Him. Placing God in a box never achieves anything other than intelectual dishonesty.

Why is god important in scientific theories? If he was i would and you would have heard the word God used many times in Physics classes. I remember asking multiple physics lecturers where God fits in and all they did was laugh and tell me to stop being an idiot.

Since i cannot prove there was no creation i choose not to try and explain alternatives. I believe the theory excluding God is out there, we just havn't found it yet. I think its a bad idea to implement God into our gaps in understanding.

"you cant prove it so it must be God" won't get us anywhere.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Why is god important in scientific theories? If he was i would and you would have heard the word God used many times in Physics classes. I remember asking multiple physics lecturers where God fits in and all they did was laugh and tell me to stop being an idiot.

Since i cannot prove there was no creation i choose not to try and explain alternatives. I believe the theory excluding God is out there, we just havn't found it yet. I think its a bad idea to implement God into our gaps in understanding.

"you cant prove it so it must be God" won't get us anywhere.
I was not the one trying to include God into scientific theories. Next time, read my post and the post I am quoting more carefully. It was the post I quoted that was trying to insert God into a scientific theory in order to try and disprove Him. Also, making assumptions about someone else's beliefs, as you assumed I automatically believed in the God of the gaps, is never a smart move.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I was not the one trying to include God into scientific theories. Next time, read my post and the post I am quoting more carefully. It was the post I quoted that was trying to insert God into a scientific theory in order to try and disprove Him. Also, making assumptions about someone else's beliefs, as you assumed I automatically believed in the God of the gaps, is never a smart move.

Dont be so brash. I read it. There are many perceptions but my point is why must peopel tryto insert God everywhere, simply because scientific theories are under-developed? The first thing i hear on an evolution debate is "you cannot explain its origin so therefore God created everything.

Its not all about you Apex. I'm not assuming anything about you, but it is a common occurance is it not for people to automatically assume Gods work in the case of a missing link? Don't jump to the conclusion that im attacking you, im simply following on from a post of yours. Relax.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Dont be so brash. I read it. There are many perceptions but my point is why must peopel tryto insert God everywhere, simply because scientific theories are under-developed? The first thing i hear on an evolution debate is "you cannot explain its origin so therefore God created everything.

Its not all about you Apex. I'm not assuming anything about you, but it is a common occurance is it not for people to automatically assume Gods work in the case of a missing link? Don't jump to the conclusion that im attacking you, im simply following on from a post of yours. Relax.
If this is what you meant then I do not see how your post had anything to do with what I posted. You may as well just have posted what you said with out quoting anyone.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
gravitron.jpg

I love that ride! Sometimes made me sick as a dog, though. Puke!

And "intelligent descent"?????? Is that what hardcore fundies call gravity or something? Like..."my banana fell off the table because of intelligent descent!"??

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
...so, the "man" thats holding us all down is God? I KNEW IT! :D
Exactly, it all makes sense to me now. It all started back in the Garden of Eden when Adam ate the forbidden fruit and “fell” from grace. Obviously before “The Fall” there was no falling. Adam and Eve just sort of floated around wherever they wanted eating fruit until that fateful day when they ate the wrong fruit. That was when things got really heavy. It’s been all down hill since then.

rojse

RF Addict
pick up a bible and throw it out the window and if it falls to ground you a gravity beliver

You would throw such a sacred object?!

It is obvious that you are nothing but a heathen and a gravitationist, and I have nothing more to say to you.

chaffdog

I was wondering if one could believe in both Christianity and The Theory of Gravity? I'm sure most Christians might argue that The Theory of Gravity tries to remove god from the equation and is only a theory anyway, proposing instead that schools teach Intelligent Descent in place of godless gravitationist swindel. However is it possible for someone believe in the ToG and still be a legitimate Christian in God's good graces? Or is Gravitationism a (false) religion of it's own?

I question your reasons for starting this thread. Yes, I can understand your point of view and what you are talking about, but it seems you are going a bit extreme with this thread and attacking christianity on a point that every Christian agrees with you upon. My opinion is that bickering between different beliefs like this is unnecessary and religion should be argued on points that matter.
However, I don't thing the church liked Newton's theory when he first put it out, as he was one of those "the earth is not the centre of the universe" people, and he didn't leave room for god. But religions evolve.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I question your reasons for starting this thread. Yes, I can understand your point of view and what you are talking about, but it seems you are going a bit extreme with this thread and attacking christianity on a point that every Christian agrees with you upon. My opinion is that bickering between different beliefs like this is unnecessary and religion should be argued on points that matter.
However, I don't thing the church liked Newton's theory when he first put it out, as he was one of those "the earth is not the centre of the universe" people, and he didn't leave room for god. But religions evolve.
It's called "satire."

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
All I know is Im not jumping off of anything too tall.Because it might hurt me or kill me.Im going to use the sense that God gave me on that one.

Love

Dallas