• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you suggest any of your action that is NOT driven by your own thought ?

chinu

chinu
If the question is -- How did we get here and where are we going .
Then the answer is -- Our thoughts brought us here, and we are driven by your own thoughts all the time. Even one of my thought compelled me to post this here on RF.

I don't know whether this realisation of mine is true or not, but, when I realised this I started crying helplessly becuase I failed to come across any of my action that was NOT driven by my thought/s.

I don't feel shy/shame crying-helplessly, do you ?

I don't feel shy/shame crying-helplessly becuase I think this helplessly-crying is only true devotion/prayer towards God to overcome my thoughts.

OR, can you suggest any of your action that is NOT driven by your own thought (other than involuntary actions) ?

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Then the answer is -- Our thoughts brought us here, and we are driven by your own thoughts all the time. Even one of my thought compelled me to post this here on RF.

I don't know whether this realisation of mine is true or not, but, when I realised this I started crying helplessly becuase I failed to come across any of my action that was NOT driven by my thought/s.

I don't feel shy/shame crying-helplessly becuase I think this helplessly-crying is only true devotion/prayer towards God to overcome my thoughts.

OR, can you suggest any of your action that is NOT driven by your own thought ?

I suppose any involuntary actions, such as the heart beating or breathing. I don't have to think to breathe.

PureX

Veteran Member

But what's driving the thought? And what is creating and limiting them as actual possibilities? Our existence seems to be an ongoing tangle of physics, circumstance, and limited choice.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I breath, my heart pumps blood.
The medulla oblongata is perhaps the oldest part of the brain to evolve. It is responsible for essential involuntary actions. No thought required

Schwarzweg

Ullr, Nebet-Het,Wendigowak
Das war eine große Erfahrung und eine Erkenntnis , die Du von woher BEKOMMEN hast. Sie ist nur für DICH richtig und
nicht allgemeingültig, weil spirituell-magisches immer nur für den Einzelnen steht, um sein Weiterkommen zu förder.
Geweint .....weil es wie "aus heiterem Himmel" kam und mit Allem STIMMIG war. Da gibt es dann auch nichts mehr
dran zu rütteln und passt. Eine sehr große Erfahrung !!! Sie kommt WOHER und es hat einen Grund . Ist
aber nur für DICH . Und geweint ....weil es mit Wucht kam..............einfach so und Du WUSSTEST. Du hast hast
einen Teil WISSEN bekommen . Das kann man nicht diskutieren, aber schön, dass Du es geschrieben hast .
Ich weiß wie es sich anfühlt WISSEN zu bekommen , aber das ist keine Alltäglichkeit und kommt nur selten vor.
Arbeite damit .................hinterfrage und versuch herauszubekommen warum gerade für DICH .
Tauche tiefer in dieses Thema ein und verbinde Dich mit Deiner 2ten Seite . Finde heraus ........................
Dein Weg beginnt.........................
LG

Nimos

If I understood you correctly, I would say almost all actions or things we do are an afterthought or a reaction to inputs. Like eating and drinking :)

I would assume that they are working opposite, meaning that the body indicates that you are hungry/thirsty and then you react to it. You don't go im hungry/thirsty and then your body decided that you are so.

You might be politically opposed to something, but the thought of being opposed to it and going down on the street with a sign didn't occur to you before after being presented with whatever you might be opposed to.

So most of the things we do are reactions to our environment through our senses and body, from what I can see. The brain or thoughts are our responses to these.

ChristineM

Premium Member
What came into existence in the first place, Involuntary actions, or a thought ?

If, Involuntary actions. then it was the thought of a father and mother responsible.

The medulla oblongata evolved long time before thought was even thought of so how could a mother and father think?

chinu

chinu
If I understood you correctly, I would say almost all actions or things we do are an afterthought or a reaction to inputs. Like eating and drinking :)

I would assume that they are working opposite, meaning that the body indicates that you are hungry/thirsty and then you react to it. You don't go im hungry/thirsty and then your body decided that you are so.

You might be politically opposed to something, but the thought of being opposed to it and going down on the street with a sign didn't occur to you before after being presented with whatever you might be opposed to.

So most of the things we do are reactions to our environment through our senses and body, from what I can see. The brain or thoughts are our responses to these.
Whatever, the base point of this thread is that one helpless to cry at the end.

chinu

chinu
Don't be silly, read some biology
Okay, no need to go off-topic let us remain on the main topic of OP

Whether involuntary actions came first, or thoughts came first, or both came at the same time. Point is NOT what is driving ones action. Point is helplessness.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Okay, no need to go off-topic let us remain on the main topic of OP

Whether involuntary actions came first, or thoughts came first, or both came at the same time. Point is helplessness.

This is not off topic, it directly replies to your op. Just because it is in opposition to your claim does not make it off topic, what it does is explain where the op is wrong.

The point is the Medulla oblongata was the first part of the brain of all mammals to evolve. Thinking came much later

Some info if you want to educate yourself
Medulla oblongata - Wikipedia

RestlessSoul

It is possible, with practice, to stop thinking. But is it possible to act without thinking? That might depend on how we define thought, and what an unclothed thought looks like. There are activities - sport, dance, sex - where apparently spontaneous action is both achievable and desirable. Spontaneity is action without forethought, is it not?