• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cannabalism

Pah

Uber all member
Lightkeeper said:
Now I know what three guys I won't get lost in the mountains with.:)
As well you should - women have a higher percentage of body fat than men. Therefore much more tasty when grilled correctly

Scott - it's just like the "choice grade" stamp on beef

-pah-

Pah

Uber all member
The Voice of Reason said:
C'mon Pah - when do we get to the tough questions?

While you're at it - pass the lady fingers!

TVOR
I guess the tough question is - "Would you ruin it with ketsup?

-pah-

Ceridwen018

Mmmm, mmmmm, good!

I don't think I'd be able to kill someone though...I'd only do it if the person were already dead.

Then again, I've never been that hungry...*sound of a blade being sharpened against a rock*

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
It would be a last resort for me, because we could get the conterpart of mad cow disease (the one that effects humans, which I currently do not remember the name of) by ingesting prions. Very "unfun".

Ceridwen018

There you go again, Druidus--acting like you know everything. Why, I ingested prions just yesterday and I must say it was a fabulous experience! ;)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Druidus said:
It would be a last resort for me, because we could get the conterpart of mad cow disease (the one that effects humans, which I currently do not remember the name of) by ingesting prions. Very "unfun".

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
This is one of those questions that I can't answer unless I'm in that situation. But I probably would if desparate enough.

huajiro

If anyone says "no", they are wrong. You get in a position where you need it to survive, your ability to reason is gone, you are in survival mode. One thing I can say is that I would eat human meat only if it were in this situation:

1) There was absolutely nothing else to live of of.
2) The person was already dead.
3) If there were no other option I would eat my own flesh.
4) If I exhausted that option, I would not kill another, I would kill myself.

Ellie_A

If i remeber correctly in the more well known stories of cannibalism not everyone part took in eating. So I am quite certian there are people who would say no and hold to it. I on the other hand am a meat eater and a surviver. As for the illness from eating human flesh, I was with the understanding that it had a whole lot to do with eating uncooked brain and spinal fluids... now that I am fairly sure I could go without anyway.

Lintu

There are some members of tribes in New Guinea, I believed it was, who got a rare Mad Cow-like illness from eating brains.

I'm a vegetarian, so I'd like to think I wouldn't eat a human. I have never been in that situation, though. I think I would probably end up starving.

I believe I would probably eat an animal if I were starving, though.

Edited to add: now that I think of it, this is totally illogical. My vegetarianism has nothing to do with being opposed to the eating of meat in and of itself. So, perhaps I would do it.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I've often wondered what human tastes like. ;)

I would also avoid brain and spinal areas as they are the source of all BSE/CJD type diseases. However you can get nice cuts from the legs and arms that I would think be fine. (I had a roomie that was a butcher)

I have a firend that wanted to be canabalized uppon his death. He wanted to be roasted or make into a nice stew and eaten by his firends. He liked the idea of his death being used to fuel his friends lives and in a way becoming one with them. Also he loved the macabre aspect of it and wondering who would actually do it.

wa:do

huajiro

painted wolf said:
I've often wondered what human tastes like. ;)

I would also avoid brain and spinal areas as they are the source of all BSE/CJD type diseases. However you can get nice cuts from the legs and arms that I would think be fine. (I had a roomie that was a butcher)

I have a firend that wanted to be canabalized uppon his death. He wanted to be roasted or make into a nice stew and eaten by his firends. He liked the idea of his death being used to fuel his friends lives and in a way becoming one with them. Also he loved the macabre aspect of it and wondering who would actually do it.

wa:do
Amazingly enough, I have thought about the same thing for an animal like a tiger or lion. I always ran into a dilemma of me dying prematurely, or getting the animal sick from whatever I die from.

Lightkeeper

What if your entres was HIV positive or had full blown AIDS? It might not be a bad idea to tell people you had that if you were lost in the mountains with them.:)

huajiro

Lightkeeper said:
What if your entres was HIV positive or had full blown AIDS? It might not be a bad idea to tell people you had that if you were lost in the mountains with them.:)
LOL, Might help