• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Capitalists may have the same mentality as Nazis: that people must be enslaved

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In theory yes. But working in another company is just the same story.

In which country is this?
I've worked for many companies in my life. Can't say I can relate a single one of them to your description.

beside that many have bought things with loan. If they quit, they are worried they may not be able to pay the expenses.

So, they have to put up with whatever.
Which is why you start looking for a job before you quit your current job and only quit once you have something else.

I changed jobs many times in my life and not once did I just quit a job before signing a contract somewhere else...
Only an idiot would do that - especially if you have a mortgage or what-not to pay every month and not enough savings to cover it. And even then, I wouldn't want to burn through my savings like that.

anotherneil

For representative purposes, they were COUNTED as 3/5ths of a person, but they were never considered 3/5 of a human being. Recognize the difference.
I'm not interested in trying to make this about me (which I suspect you're trying to do by editing out part of my post to which you had replied).

Do you understand that the Slave South wanted slaves to be fully counted as 1 person each in the census so they could get more House Rep seats in US Congress, and the Abolitionist North wanted slaves to not be counted at all in the census using the Slave South's own logic that they're property? Do you understand that the Abolitionist North was not against counting slaves in the census because they didn't think that slaves were human beings - that it wasn't about that, that it was about taking a swipe at slavery itself because they opposed to it?

Kfox

I'm not interested in trying to make this about me (which I suspect you're trying to do by editing out part of my post to which you had replied).
No; my reply was never about you, as a matter of fact, my original reply was directed at someone else before you entered the conversation
Do you understand that the Slave South wanted slaves to be fully counted as 1 person each in the census so they could get more House Rep seats in US Congress, and the Abolitionist North wanted slaves to not be counted at all in the census using the Slave South's own logic that they're property?
Yes.
Do you understand that the Abolitionist North was not against counting slaves in the census because they didn't think that slaves were human beings - that it wasn't about that, that it was about taking a swipe at slavery itself because they opposed to it?
It was more about preventing the South from getting more power due to slavery. I thought I made that clear in my response.