• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats Are Evil

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've never heard the cats mimic babies, but I've had a number of cats that responded to baby's cries(or bigger kid temper tantrums).

I have a cat who routinely gets mistaken for a baby if he is meowing in the background while I'm on phone/zoom calls.

His mau is spot on.

Audie

Veteran Member
"It does seem likely that cats mimic babies crying, however. Domestic cats don’t hunt for their food or have to fight off predators – humans are their main caregivers. Cats need to do everything they can to keep this relationship a fruitful one, so will appeal to our maternal instincts to achieve this."

- Why Do Cats Meow To Mimic Human Babies?

Could they be more evil?

Is it any wonder that cat staff don't have a life of their own?
Not evil just sociopaths

Domestic cats don’t hunt for their food or have to fight off predators

Yeah, they make others hunt for them and no one is going to **** with them.

lion-s-mane-cat-hat-3148.jpg

wellwisher

"It does seem likely that cats mimic babies crying, however. Domestic cats don’t hunt for their food or have to fight off predators – humans are their main caregivers. Cats need to do everything they can to keep this relationship a fruitful one, so will appeal to our maternal instincts to achieve this."

- Why Do Cats Meow To Mimic Human Babies?

Could they be more evil?

Is it any wonder that cat staff don't have a life of their own?

When I was young, pet cats were usually indoor/outdoor. You did not need litter boxes, back then, since cats were trained to meow at the door, to go outside to do their business. They would often stay out all night in summer and come home for breakfast. They would stay in, most of the winter, and only go out to do their business. Such cats were more independent, than the one who never get to go outside.

In those days, dogs did not need a leash. They could run free, even in the city, forming packs of neighborhood dogs. The dogs would come home in the evening to eat and usually stay indoors overnight. The risk at night was skunks. The dog packs were accompanied by the boys of the neighborhood. They played together and offered protection and sport. Girls took care of the cats.

All our cats, when I was a child, were named Fluffy. Outdoor cats would come and go due to many reasons. As my parents got a new one, to replace the old, the cats all got the same name: Fluffy, as continuity for the youngest children. The very last Fluffy, before she died of old age, went outside as normal, caught a bird, and left it on the door step. She went under her favorite bush and died. She was never replaced.

I currently have two small dogs and two cats. They all get along and all are indoor animals. The two cats; mother and daughter, are hairless Sphinx cats. They stay inside, so they will not be stolen. They are friendly, and expensive and exotic cats will disappear, if left out unattended.

The Older hairless Cat, Jackie-Ju, is now 18 years old. This ancient cat breed is very sturdy. Jackie used to be called the diplomat. She would welcome all people and animals to the house. She always so calm and confident, that she could disarm dogs and get away with rubbing against them. If anyone stayed overnight; guests, she would sleep with them, to make sure they were comfortable. She is still the same, but much older now. Jackie was a bad mother with her kittens, but she made up for it, with everyone else.

Her daughter, Morgan, who is 16, is also very forward and friendly, like her mother. She still runs around and climbs, like a kitten. She eats with the dogs. She thinks the dogs have better food. The dogs will eat the cat food; grass is always greener.

I also have 5 chickens. The cats, dogs and chickens can be put in the same room. All the animals will line up, if I give them animal crackers. They do not get the irony, but all come running if you say "cookies".

One special cat from a few decades ago was a large male Persian Cat called Pugsley. He had dense triple fur, that would mat up if you did not brush him each day. He was very laid back and friendly. He made friends with a pet Iguana, who would lay on top of him, in the sun, near a patio door, as he slept.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Cats are evil because I have a nasty allergy to them.

The irony is that we had several cats over the years, mostly Siamese, but my allergy developed after we stopped having them.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
When I was young, pet cats were usually indoor/outdoor. You did not need litter boxes, back then, since cats were trained to meow at the door, to go outside to do their business. They would often stay out all night in summer and come home for breakfast. They would stay in, most of the winter, and only go out to do their business. Such cats were more independent, than the one who never get to go outside.

In those days, dogs did not need a leash. They could run free, even in the city, forming packs of neighborhood dogs. The dogs would come home in the evening to eat and usually stay indoors overnight. The risk at night was skunks. The dog packs were accompanied by the boys of the neighborhood. They played together and offered protection and sport. Girls took care of the cats.

All our cats, when I was a child, were named Fluffy. Outdoor cats would come and go due to many reasons. As my parents got a new one, to replace the old, the cats all got the same name: Fluffy, as continuity for the youngest children. The very last Fluffy, before she died of old age, went outside as normal, caught a bird, and left it on the door step. She went under her favorite bush and died. She was never replaced.

I currently have two small dogs and two cats. They all get along and all are indoor animals. The two cats; mother and daughter, are hairless Sphinx cats. They stay inside, so they will not be stolen. They are friendly, and expensive and exotic cats will disappear, if left out unattended.

The Older hairless Cat, Jackie-Ju, is now 18 years old. This ancient cat breed is very sturdy. Jackie used to be called the diplomat. She would welcome all people and animals to the house. She always so calm and confident, that she could disarm dogs and get away with rubbing against them. If anyone stayed overnight; guests, she would sleep with them, to make sure they were comfortable. She is still the same, but much older now. Jackie was a bad mother with her kittens, but she made up for it, with everyone else.

Her daughter, Morgan, who is 16, is also very forward and friendly, like her mother. She still runs around and climbs, like a kitten. She eats with the dogs. She thinks the dogs have better food. The dogs will eat the cat food; grass is always greener.

I also have 5 chickens. The cats, dogs and chickens can be put in the same room. All the animals will line up, if I give them animal crackers. They do not get the irony, but all come running if you say "cookies".

One special cat from a few decades ago was a large male Persian Cat called Pugsley. He had dense triple fur, that would mat up if you did not brush him each day. He was very laid back and friendly. He made friends with a pet Iguana, who would lay on top of him, in the sun, near a patio door, as he slept.
I love Sphinx cats, but hubby thinks they are ugly and doesn't want one. I wanted to call it Gollum.