• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Center of the Universe – the SS Paradox

drsatish

Man! I am after Centers!
Who ISN’T?
I want to be the Center of Attention…when I walk down…the Cat-Walk!
I want to be the Center of Attention…when I am in the Gladiator Ring!
I want to be the Center of Attention…by aiming to become the President of Any Country!
I want to be the Center of Attention…by getting a ticket to Hollywood!
I want to be the Center of Attention…by getting Any Prize…boxing knockouts, to Pulitzer…& Nobel…
I want to be the Center of Attention…IN MY HOME!.....if only the Other Center will Allow it!
…..
I want to Reach the Center of Myself…..by one means or another…one path or another..
Life is All about finding the Balanced Center!
But WHAT is the CENTER OUTSIDE?
….the Center of the Universe?
….The Big Point of the the Big Bang? ( pun intended)

The Big Bang concept evolved out of the Factual Observation of the Red Shift.
[FONT=&quot]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift[/FONT]
& the fact that ALL Galaxies are Moving Away from One Another
[FONT=&quot]http://www.universetoday.com/13810/why-are-distant-galaxies-moving-away-faster/[/FONT]
But…
As far as I know, Science or Cosmology has NOT IDENTIFIED….that Point in Space
….from which EVERYTHING is Expanding…
(Poly…correct me or catch me, if you can!)
[FONT=&quot]http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/en/kids/phonedrmarc/2003_june.shtml[/FONT]
My Question to Stephen Hawking, kins & kings is..
…How can you conceptualize “Bang”…with …No Center?
Satish…Hawkish…
(Webster:[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]hawk·ish[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
clip_image002.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](hô[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Æ[/FONT][FONT=&quot]kish),[/FONT][FONT=&quot] adj.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]resembling a hawk, as in appearance or behavior.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]advocating war or a belligerently threatening diplomatic policy.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

crocusj

Man! I am after Centers!
Who ISN’T?
I want to be the Center of Attention…when I walk down…the Cat-Walk!
I want to be the Center of Attention…when I am in the Gladiator Ring!
I want to be the Center of Attention…by aiming to become the President of Any Country!
I want to be the Center of Attention…by getting a ticket to Hollywood!
I want to be the Center of Attention…by getting Any Prize…boxing knockouts, to Pulitzer…& Nobel…
I want to be the Center of Attention…IN MY HOME!.....if only the Other Center will Allow it!
…..
I want to Reach the Center of Myself…..by one means or another…one path or another..
Life is All about finding the Balanced Center!
But WHAT is the CENTER OUTSIDE?
….the Center of the Universe?
….The Big Point of the the Big Bang? ( pun intended)

The Big Bang concept evolved out of the Factual Observation of the Red Shift.
[FONT=&quot]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift[/FONT]
& the fact that ALL Galaxies are Moving Away from One Another
[FONT=&quot]http://www.universetoday.com/13810/why-are-distant-galaxies-moving-away-faster/[/FONT]
But…
As far as I know, Science or Cosmology has NOT IDENTIFIED….that Point in Space
….from which EVERYTHING is Expanding…
(Poly…correct me or catch me, if you can!)
[FONT=&quot]http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/en/kids/phonedrmarc/2003_june.shtml[/FONT]
My Question to Stephen Hawking, kins & kings is..
Satish…Hawkish…
(Webster:[FONT=&quot]hawk·ish[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
clip_image002.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](hô[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Æ[/FONT][FONT=&quot]kish),[/FONT][FONT=&quot] adj.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]resembling a hawk, as in appearance or behavior.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]advocating war or a belligerently threatening diplomatic policy.)[/FONT]

It's odd but while reading this a jet passed overhead travelling away from me for sure but I dont know where it took off from, though I do know that it took off from somewhere. I guess if I look hard enough for long enough I will eventually find out from where. In the meantime, there he goes off into the yonder.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Sorta in the same since that a crime investigator doesn't actually have to see the crime to piece together what happened.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought the SS paradox went something like:

You can be a Nazi
You can be intelligent.
You can be decent.

You cannot be all three -- pick two.

strikeviperMKII

Any place can be the center of the universe. The universe isn't expanding from a certain point. The space between everything is expanding, equally in all directions.

drsatish

Sorta in the same since that a crime investigator doesn't actually have to see the crime to piece together what happened.

You see, the crime investigator can never ‘see’ the crime…he/she can only ‘piece together what happened’….
which is at best an ‘approximation’ due to circumstantial evidence, tell tale signs, witness statements & stories etc….
Even a black & white security video or HD Color video ain’t that reliable these days….
…after ‘crime’ entered the Graphics department of Hollywood…
..u heard of ‘faked’ videos & audio recordings??...
S.Holmes

drsatish

Any place can be the center of the universe. The universe isn't expanding from a certain point. The space between everything is expanding, equally in all directions.

I see your point. But, then the Word CENTER has to be DROPPED from All Human Communicative Thinking / Expressions ….in all languages as well as in All Fields of Study – as Everything is a Center and There is No Universal Center.

The Decent Nazi centered in the Thought that My Group is the Best….the Superior Most of All!
Satish

drsatish

It's odd but while reading this a jet passed overhead travelling away from me for sure but I dont know where it took off from, though I do know that it took off from somewhere. I guess if I look hard enough for long enough I will eventually find out from where. In the meantime, there he goes off into the yonder.

Craning the neck too backward…..on hearing noises above…..and swirling it Left…& Right…
…generally causes one to lose the Center of Balance.
The Department of Vertigo,
Satish

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Ah! Now we have another interpretation from the Space-Time Concept.
You mean TIME has a Center and SPACE has NONE?

The Nun,
Satish
There is no distinction. However, calculating the centre of the universe would technically require knowing when it ends.

drsatish

There is no distinction. However, calculating the centre of the universe would technically require knowing when it ends.

Quite Right!
However, are we talking about ‘technical Requirements’ or Reality?
What TIME is it?
Should I ‘watch’ my chronometer
Or
‘position’ my GPS in front of my Eyes?

Centered in my Wheel-Chair, F-22 Chair, White-Kremlin Chair,
Satish

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You see, the crime investigator can never ‘see’ the crime…he/she can only ‘piece together what happened’….
which is at best an ‘approximation’ due to circumstantial evidence, tell tale signs, witness statements & stories etc….
Even a black & white security video or HD Color video ain’t that reliable these days….
…after ‘crime’ entered the Graphics department of Hollywood…
..u heard of ‘faked’ videos & audio recordings??...
S.Holmes
I'm not sure what a graphics department for a movie, and faked videos and audio have to do with it, but you are forgetting about forensic evidence (which anything and everything you can drop, imaginable and unimaginable, at a crime scene), which can not only put specific people at specific places at a specific time, it can also detect real from fake audio and video recordings.
No, they don't actually see the crime, and while they may never know every last detail, they can work out what happened first, how it happened, an approximate time of death, details about what weapon was used, and so much more that even dog bites and paint chips have been able to put enough pieces together to know what happened.

drsatish

I'm not sure what a graphics department for a movie, and faked videos and audio have to do with it, but you are forgetting about forensic evidence (which anything and everything you can drop, imaginable and unimaginable, at a crime scene), which can not only put specific people at specific places at a specific time, it can also detect real from fake audio and video recordings.
No, they don't actually see the crime, and while they may never know every last detail, they can work out what happened first, how it happened, an approximate time of death, details about what weapon was used, and so much more that even dog bites and paint chips have been able to put enough pieces together to know what happened.

True.
An approximation.
Why?

• Count the number of “innocents in prison.” (Google search)
  • Guilty & Scot-Free (Soul search, Google Search of Non-Google sites)
Satish

ellenjanuary

Both me and my Gwynnies are the center on the universe. She is my sweet everything, yet that entitlement begins with my.

My limited physics module wishes to input: there is no space-wise center, but a time-wise origin; as has been mentioned. But as subjects, you (I) are (am) the center from which awareness of universe originates.

lunakilo

I thought the SS paradox went something like:

You can be a Nazi
You can be intelligent.
You can be decent.

You cannot be all three -- pick two.
is a decent nazi a decent person who is a nazi?
Or is it a nazi who isn't a super-nazi, but just a decent nazi?

lunakilo

The way people usually try to do this is like this:
Think of an plane (a mathematical plane/abstract surface not an airplane) with dots drawn on it in a grid.
Imagine that the grid size is 1 unit of distance (of your own choise).

Now stretch the plane so that the grid size becomes 2 units of distance.
If you where standing on one of the dots it would look like all the other dots where moving away from you. It doesn't matter which dot you choose, it would look like you where in the center :)

The same would be true if you shrink the grid. All the other dots would come rushing in on you. Any dot would look like it is the center.

If you decrease the grid size to zero then all the dots would end up in one point.
Which point depends on where you chose to put your coordinate system :)

When you stand on the Earth and look into the universe, you see all the other galaxies (except for one or two very close ones) moving away from us.

So I guess you really are in the center of the universe, congratulations :)

Muffled

Jesus in me

I think it is more like seeing pyramids with flat tops and believing they must have been intended as landing places for UFOs.