• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CEO salary compared to workers

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
For many CEOs, there's only one incentive they need. It starts with a P, ends in an R, and has an O-W-E in the middle.

That, in my mind, is more than enough of a bonus. What gives them to right to hog so much cash in addition to that?
Yes because you can go to a bank and swap power for cash :rolleyes:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
It's funny how we feel sympathetic towards the children living in poverty but at 18 we suddenly expect them to put in enough effort to sprout wings and work themselves into the middle class. Tell the mothers working the streets that the market has something for them if they just put effort. They've found their dirty profession pays more than having to go through the hassle of student loans and/or working close to minimum wage.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
It's funny how we feel sympathetic towards the children living in poverty but at 18 we suddenly expect them to put in enough effort to sprout wings and work themselves into the middle class.
You can work your way into the middle class. If you have been working the same minimum wage job as your primary source of income for over 10 years, you are a ******* idiot and do not deserve to move up.

Tell the mothers working the streets that the market has something for them if they just put effort.
So you are telling me that they cannot take the time to study for 8 hours a week at a community college? ********
They've found their dirty profession pays more than having to go through the hassle of student loans and/or working close to minimum wage.
Yes because you really need student loans to take a few community college class. Hell, with a high school education alone you could get paid above minimum wage. Cut this self-helplessness crap.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
All a person has to do in this life is do one thing very well. If you are very good at anything, it will pay well. I know people who do not even have a college education that can lay tile and are very artistic. Rich folks fight over who gets him next and he shows up for the highest bidder. He can raise the value of your home exponentially.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I still don't know of a single person whose labor is worth billions more than a janitor. Even the executives at Microsoft rely heavily on their workers and equals to get the job done.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
You can work your way into the middle class. If you have been working the same minimum wage job as your primary source of income for over 10 years, you are a ******* idiot and do not deserve to move up.

So you are telling me that they cannot take the time to study for 8 hours a week at a community college? ********

Yes because you really need student loans to take a few community college class. Hell, with a high school education alone you could get paid above minimum wage. Cut this self-helplessness crap.

I don't. I no longer live in a poverty-infested neighborhood. But for those people having to live off welfare, food stamps, and WICs, a few hundred bucks is weeks worth of labor. My family has moved from the ghettos of Newark to Flower Mound, Texas. I can tell you placing the blame on individuals is ridiculous and a non-issue when talking about the wealth gap between the proles and the capitalists. The arrogance the middle class has for the poor is disgusting.

I'll cut this "self-helplessness crap" once a fair system is in place, not this.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I don't. I no longer live in a poverty-infested neighborhood. But for those people having to live off welfare, food stamps, and WICs, a few hundred bucks is weeks worth of labor.
Cost is not of issue. Community colleges accept volunteer work as payment in many cases.

My family has moved from the ghettos of Newark to Flower Mound, Texas. I can tell you placing the blame on individuals is ridiculous and a non-issue when talking about the wealth gap between the proles and the capitalists. The arrogance the middle class has for the poor is disgusting.
If you work a minimum wage job for primary income for over 10 years, you are an idiot who does not want to go anywhere. Self-helplessness is ********.
Why do the CEOs of companies get paid what they do? Because not many people can do what they do, unlike the guy who works the cash register at McDonald's, and they get paid as such.
I'll cut this "self-helplessness crap" once a fair system is in place, not this.
Life isn't fair. Life never was fair. Life never will be fair , so don't hold your breath waiting for a massive social change that results in equality, it never will come.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
CEO's of publicly traded companies normally have a large portion of their compensation rolled into stock options. As they manage the company well, the worth of those stocks grow. That is why at the end of the year many of them show such large incomes because the value of those shares are measured according to their growth over the fiscal year. If a CEO under performs and is let go, usually he is given parting compensation that is a portion of the increase in the value of the stock from the time the CEO started to when the CEO left. The same stock is then given to the next CEO. Even if the company underperforms compared to forecasted gains, the stock usually still gains worth, just like the entire stock market continues to grow even though there are peaks and valley in the short term.

So, CEO's are compensated usually for how they perform.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I still don't know of a single person whose labor is worth billions more than a janitor
Lets just name a few off the top of my head. Nikola Tesla, Edison, Einstein, Steve Wozniak, Norman Borlaug (he tops the list), the inventor of the transistor (can't recall his name), Indian guy who invented the Pentium Chip, Gordon Moore.
Want me to keep going.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Lets just name a few off the top of my head. Nikola Tesla, Edison, Einstein, Steve Wozniak, Norman Borlaug (he tops the list), the inventor of the transistor (can't recall his name), Indian guy who invented the Pentium Chip, Gordon Moore.
Want me to keep going.

They all required others to make their inventions a possibility. There has been no totally unique idea since the first human thought and invention came into existance.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
They all required others to make their inventions a possibility. There has been no totally unique idea since the first human thought and invention came into existance.
So?
They had the vast majority of the brain power. And Tesla worked alone on many of his projects, because he lacked the funding to hire people. He is, in my opinion, the greatest inventor/scientist in history.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
I think CEO's deserve what they get paid. The skills needed to be a quality CEO are so limited in terms of people having those skills that that is why they get paid so much.

My father works in a factory that builds transformers. He recieves the steel and copper (among other things). He basically drives a forklift for a living. He is actually doing very well in economic terms, but his pay is lower by a considerable margin than the company president because a lot of people can drive a forklift and not a lot of people can run a company.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I think CEO's deserve what they get paid. The skills needed to be a quality CEO are so limited in terms of people having those skills that that is why they get paid so much.

My father works in a factory that builds transformers. He recieves the steel and copper (among other things). He basically drives a forklift for a living. He is actually doing very well in economic terms, but his pay is lower by a considerable margin than the company president because a lot of people can drive a forklift and not a lot of people can run a company.

The position of CEO shouldn't even exist.

I object to the idea it takes a rare person to run a business. It just takes training, like any other career.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Gene,

The position of CEO shouldn't even exist.

I object to the idea it takes a rare person to run a business. It just takes training, like any other career.

I don't think this changes much. So, through training a person possesses skills that are rare enough to be compensated in a very large fashion.

What's the problem?