• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge Jesus - I can prophetically communicate with Jesus

Betho_br

Please help me translate and understand the following:

View attachment 93340
"The Way that can be spoken of is not the constant Way. The name that can be named is not the constant name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of all things. Therefore, always be without desire in order to observe its wonder. Always have desire in order to observe its manifestations. These two arise together but differ in name. They are both called profound and mysterious — the gateway to all wonders."

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
"The Way that can be spoken of is not the constant Way. The name that can be named is not the constant name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of all things. Therefore, always be without desire in order to observe its wonder. Always have desire in order to observe its manifestations. These two arise together but differ in name. They are both called profound and mysterious — the gateway to all wonders."
Eh, god wants us to know ****

Betho_br

OK I will play.

We are told that you can raise the dead and walk on water. That is pretty impressive. So how come you need to spit in a blind mans eye?

A good reference is the blind man narrated in John 9. Jesus did everything to hide his powers, often earnestly asking the healed not to tell anyone. In this chapter, he uses a very common healing technique of his time, spitting. This way, he didn't stand out from others, but the purpose of the chapter was not the healing itself, but to make the blind man see that Jesus was a man sent by God as a prophet, a Christological Elohim (god), roughly a divine magistrate.

Attachments

• Nicolson-SalivaSuperstitionClassical-1897.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 156

Betho_br

Why is it when a feeding tube is to be removed that people start jumping up and down with the claim that to remove the feeding tube is "Playing God"
Yet they say absolutely nothing when the feeding tube was placed?

And again, when someone is put on life support nothing is said.
Even though the life support machine is the only thing keeping them alive ARTIFICIALLY, yet they cry "Playing God" when the plug is pulled?
When it comes to tubes and machines, we're all half philosophers and half comedians...

Betho_br

Why would Jesus create two threads for an identical topic?

And no, that's not my most difficult question. Just curious.

Ah, the eternal mysteries of thread duplication! Let’s imagine Jesus, in all His divine wisdom, pondering the intricacies of forum software. Here’s my tongue-in-cheek response:
“Verily, I say unto thee: ‘Lo and behold, the threads multiplyeth like the loaves and fishes!’ For it is written in the Book of StackOverflow, chapter 3, verse 16: 'And Jesus spake unto the disciples, saying, ‘Fear not the redundancy, for it is but a reflection of the human condition.’ And the disciples were sorely confused, for they had not yet discovered the ‘Search’ button.”
But fret not, dear seeker of truth! For in the grand tapestry of digital forums, even the Son of God occasionally hits the ‘Post’ button twice.
Now, if you have a more profound question, feel free to ask—I’ll channel the Messiah!

Betho_br

Because he has two geneaologies...?
One is divided into 42 generations, with Matthew addressing the Jews, as Jesus was called out of Egypt. It represents the 42 gods of the NOMOS of Egypt and also includes references to Jewish matriarchs with "dubious" reputations. After all, if no one wanted to believe in Mary's virgin birth by the Holy Spirit, remembering the matriarchs, they would at least respect the Virgin Mary in silence. The other genealogy connects Jesus to David.

Betho_br

How long before beards become unfashionable again?
Ah, the eternal question of facial hair trends! Well, let’s imagine Jesus himself pondering this: “Verily, I say unto thee, the ebb and flow of beard fashion is as mysterious as the wind. Yea, though it may seem unfashionable now, fear not! For lo, in due time, beards shall rise again like a phoenix from the shaving cream.”
Remember, my prophetic powers are purely fictional, but I hope that brings a smile to your face!

GoodAttention

One is divided into 42 generations, with Matthew addressing the Jews, as Jesus was called out of Egypt. It represents the 42 gods of the NOMOS of Egypt and also includes references to Jewish matriarchs with "dubious" reputations. After all, if no one wanted to believe in Mary's virgin birth by the Holy Spirit, remembering the matriarchs, they would at least respect the Virgin Mary in silence. The other genealogy connects Jesus to David.

The geneology highlights how Jesus is the great-grandson of Matthias, which is in parallel to Matthias ben Johanan of the Maccabees (a Kohen, or son of Levi), considered the start of the Hasmonean dynasty. Luke explores the "Light" or "Heli" side of Jesus geneology and how Jesus is to become the new dynasty of God through the priesthood and the Maccabees.

Equally, the Matthew geneology explores the "Israel" or "Jacob" side of Jesus ancestors, making reference to the Babylonian exile and the Jews that were first to return under Zerubabbel. This is Jesus connection to the Tribe of Judah, David, and to royalty in addition to the exile. Both lineage challenge the legitimacy of the Herodian dynasty started by Antipater the Idumean.

Betho_br

The geneology highlights how Jesus is the great-grandson of Matthias, which is in parallel to Matthias ben Johanan of the Maccabees (a Kohen, or son of Levi), considered the start of the Hasmonean dynasty. Luke explores the "Light" or "Heli" side of Jesus geneology and how Jesus is to become the new dynasty of God through the priesthood and the Maccabees.

Equally, the Matthew geneology explores the "Israel" or "Jacob" side of Jesus ancestors, making reference to the Babylonian exile and the Jews that were first to return under Zerubabbel. This is Jesus connection to the Tribe of Judah, David, and to royalty in addition to the exile. Both lineage challenge the legitimacy of the Herodian dynasty started by Antipater the Idumean.

I understand your arguments.

My perspective is that the author of Matthew, when addressing the Gospel to the Jews, omitted some generations (for example, Ahaziah, Joash, and Amaziah - 2 Chronicles 21:4-26:23). When in verse 8 it says that Joram begot Uzziah, he was using "begot" in the sense of "was an ancestor of." It is likely that he did this to present a systematic summary of three periods in the history of Israel (the Monarchy, the Captivity, and the Messiah), each with fourteen generations, totaling forty-two patriarchs, as representative of the 42 gods of the NOMOS of Egypt.. Additionally, he included women, which was uncommon in genealogies, especially those of dubious reputation. In the same book, in chapter 2, Jesus is taken to Egypt to escape persecution. It is also stated that Jesus hid in the Tribe of Ephraim due to persecution (Hosea 7:11; 9:8; John 11:54), which recalls the governor of Egypt, Joseph, and the daughter of Potiphera, priest of On (Genesis 41:50–52). Ephraim was born in Egypt.

He also rejected the tents of Joseph and did not choose the tribe of Ephraim; instead, he chose the tribe of Judah and Mount Zion, which he loved. Psalm 78:67-68

The city of Shiloh is one of the most significant biblical locations. The site is first mentioned in the Bible when Joshua erected the tabernacle, where the Ark of the Covenant was placed (Joshua 18:1). The site served as the "capital" of Israel for over 300 years before Jerusalem.
In verses 60-67, we saw how God rejected the descendants of Joseph and did not choose the tribe of Ephraim (v. 67). But God was not completely giving up on His people. He was, in effect, removing the scepter from Joseph and passing it to Judah, as originally predicted by Jacob (cf. Gen. 49:8-12).

Isaiah 19:18-22 New International Version

In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord Almighty. One of them will be called the City of the Sun. In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

Betho_br

And?

Meaning: What does that have to do with the question asked?
Well, because in the hospital, everyone secretly dreams of starring in a medical drama. The doctors get to play God, and the rest of us get to play critics with popcorn in hand, waiting to shout, 'Plot twist!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well, because in the hospital, everyone secretly dreams of starring in a medical drama. The doctors get to play God, and the rest of us get to play critics with popcorn in hand, waiting to shout, 'Plot twist!
I am done with you bridge dweller!
Begone foul beast!