• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge Jesus

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm a prophet. Of the Christian faith.

I want to challenge you?

Put forward a question to Jesus. The most difficult question you can? Jesus will speak!

Challenge Jesus!

-Religionresearcher
If I actually thought you were a prophet, I'd probably ask you questions. But I don't think for a single second that you are. There are plenty of people today who claim to be prophets, to be Jesus, to be Napoleon, to be the reincarnation of Cleopatra, etc. I put them all into the same basket.

Sir Joseph

I expect the false prophet will realize his heretical folly when he ultimately bows down before the real Jesus after this life.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I expect the false prophet will realize his heretical folly when he ultimately bows down before the real Jesus after this life.
Where is the real a Jesus now in your opinion? Let me guess. Seated next to God in heaven. If that’s the case let me ask you this. What is heaven?

Sir Joseph

Where is the real a Jesus now in your opinion? Let me guess. Seated next to God in heaven. If that’s the case let me ask you this. What is heaven?

Yes, I believe the Bible, which has Jesus now in heaven with God the Father.

The Bible specifies 3 heavens, and church tradition generally defines the first as the earth's atmosphere, the second as the universe of stars above that, and the third as another unknowable realm beyond time, space, and matter. I can't be certain of that, but it seems like a logical proposition to me.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Yes, I believe the Bible, which has Jesus now in heaven with God the Father.

The Bible specifies 3 heavens, and church tradition generally defines the first as the earth's atmosphere, the second as the universe of stars above that, and the third as another unknowable realm beyond time, space, and matter. I can't be certain of that, but it seems like a logical proposition to me.
So I take it you believe Jesus is in spirit form because obviously no man could live in those three places, right? And if so, what does this spirit look like? Is it invisible to the eye? Or is Jesus’ spirit just something you can feel?

Last edited:

Sir Joseph

So I take it you believe Jesus is in spirit form because obviously no man could live in those three places, right? And if so, what does this spirit look like? Is it invisible to the eye? Or is Jesus’ spirit just something you can feel?

First of all, what I believe in this case doesn't carry much weight since I have no superior knowledge or studied Biblical insight on the matter. I can only speculate, though logic should help us a bit here.

Can we agree that a spirit, by implied definition, is a non-materialistic being or part thereof, and thus would not be visible to our human eyes?

Can we agree that, according to the Bible at least, Jesus rose with a resurrected body that was demonstrated to be both physical and spiritual? He proved his spiritual nature by rising from the dead and walking through walls. He proved his physical nature by appearing before hundreds of witnesses and eating food.

According to the Gospel accounts, Jesus left this world by rising in the clouds - in his resurrected physical/spiritual body. Did he stay this way when transitioning to heaven outside of time, space, or matter? Which form is he now while in heaven - both body and spirit or spirit only? I don't know, but I'll offer these thoughts:

Jesus' resurrection had him leaving this world with both body and spirit, and his second coming will have him returning with both body and spirit. Everyone on earth will actually see him.

According to the Bible's account of John's revelation (Rev 21), a new heaven and new earth will appear, for the first heaven and first earth pass away. Heaven as we call it then includes a physical description of Jerusalem and surrounding nations that only makes sense if it includes a world with physical bodies. Like Jesus, I expect all saved souls to have both physical and spiritual bodies. How these bodies transition in and out of the materialistic world and universe is beyond my understanding, but I'm looking forward to having such supernatural abilities.