• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chick- Fil-a no longer gives to anti GLBT

Riders

They no longer give to anti GLBT charities, Does this mean they have changed their political view and no longer Republican? I have heard the same thing about Papa Johns, they are suppose to be Christian establishment too.

It doesn't make a difference. I worked there 10 months. The manager had to transfer out to another store because of sexually harassing me.I did not know what he said to me was harassment. I was suppose to program the computer where you answer the phones take orders, to do a certain thing. He said " Whats wrong Elizabeth can't you get, you to dumb to do it? Are you blonde and dumb just too blond to handle it?"

I was use to accepting abuse at work the next day they told me they other managers were writing him up for sexually harassment of me.

Anyways, some of them were nice though, I think many of the people who are managers at so called Christian fast food places where they take a conservative stand are nice.I will get the thread for this.I am just wondering if they still consider themselves to be a Christian establishment?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's nice. They're still overrated, overpriced crap, though.

When it comes to fast food chicken, they're easily the best (at least in my state). Then again, most fast food chicken is pretty horrible so it's not like that's much of an endorsement.

*this message brought to you by an admitted food snob*

The Barbarian

Christian Barbarian
I like their sandwiches. Don't care for any discriminatory practices, but apparently, the corporation does not discriminate.

My daughter, at her university was raising money for her group (which was going to Central America to help build medical facilities) and made arrangements with Chick-fil-A to hold a fundraiser. One official of the university challenged her, citing the homophobic position of one of the major stockholders. She pointed out that the corporation does not discriminate in any way. He insisted. She got her back up and refused to give in.

And she won. I was so proud of her.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
When it comes to fast food chicken, they're easily the best (at least in my state). Then again, most fast food chicken is pretty horrible so it's not like that's much of an endorsement.

I'll stick to Popeye's or Hot Chicken Takeover.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I like their sandwiches. Don't care for any discriminatory practices, but apparently, the corporation does not discriminate.

My daughter, at her university was raising money for her group (which was going to Central America to help build medical facilities) and made arrangements with Chick-fil-A to hold a fundraiser. One official of the university challenged her, citing the homophobic position of one of the major stockholders. She pointed out that the corporation does not discriminate in any way. He insisted. She got her back up and refused to give in.

And she won. I was so proud of her.
When a corporation donates to organizations that discriminate isn't that a bit discriminatory?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If they stopped actively giving to organisations I personally dislike and disagree with, then fair enough. I would be pretty uninterested in the beliefs of the owner, but I don't want my money (indirectly) being funnelled into certain causes.

In some cases here, I'll admit, ignorance is bliss. But if I'm aware of something, I really wouldn't just ignore it.

But I'm not about to morally judge every store based on the moral beliefs of ownership.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Sounds like how In n Out got to be popular. It's ok for a fast food burger, but the bar is set staggeringly low in that department.

Shadow Wolf

I might give them a try. I tried Churchs chicken once, and it sucked. KFC isn't that good, Chester's is OK, with Popeyes being the best I've had.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The theological right wing was holding up as an exemplar of "religious freedom". I wonder what they'll do now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'm sure it's a zillion times better than the rancid grease sluge that KFC serves now in their filthy restaurants.

Shadow Wolf

The theological right wing was holding up as an exemplar of "religious freedom". I wonder what they'll do now.
Blame it on the devil and remind and emphasize to members that must remain vigilant of the devils influence, because he waits hidden like a hungry lion waiting to pounce. The secular world is winning, the devil is winning, the world is evil and out to get them. Seriously. No jokes or sarcasm there.

Shad

Veteran Member
They no longer give to anti GLBT charities, Does this mean they have changed their political view and no longer Republican?

No. At best they just cut ties with groups that anti-LGBT.

Keep in mind the views are that of the owner.