• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Childhood Rules for Grown-Ups

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
If people raised them right. Therapy would not be necessary now would it?

If people raised them right, prison would not be necessary now would it?

Let's not stigmatize therapy into being a tool to measure parenting styles.

Draka

Wonder Woman
If people raised them right. Therapy would not be necessary now would it?

Spoken like someone who blames every wrong choice they've ever made in their lives upon how their parents raised them. At some point one must realize that individuals differ. That personalities differ. That no matter how devoted and well-meaning a parent, a person will develop into who they are sometimes despite how they were raised. External experiences do play a factor, as well as individuality.

Wirey

Fartist
No, she told you to quit pulling up your skirt and showing off your panties. No one wanted to see that. You still haven't learned have you?

Seriously, I'm sorry about taking the cheap shot at your mom. I feel bad for your mom, getting stuck with such a rotten child. :D

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I am all for explaining the reasoning behind any rules, but as all of us have experienced, children don't always reason correctly.

I always ended any debate with, "You will do as I say until you are an adult and ON YOUR OWN".

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Even adult children don't understand that everything is not about them.

When I tell an 18 year old to be home at midnight, it's not about them any more, it is about I don't want to be awakened at 3 A.M. :facepalm:

I have said, I don't care if your 40, My house will be completely quiet from midnight till 6 A.M. When you get a place to live, you can make the rules.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't put beans up your nose.

Btw, this is general advice, & not directed specifically at you, Rev Rick.
Still good advice though.