• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choice of religion?

Daviso452

Boy Genius
I dont think it seems at all that you know about religions more.

Anyway, We are not believing in the same what christians believe. We believe only in the God (what they call The Father)...Tell me where are christians who are believing in The Father ONLY without "the son!" Jesus or even Jesus "the God".

Hindusim, Yes it will lead you to have thosuands of Gods! I am working with Indian people everyday and I know what I am saying.you want me to tell some of them: Krishna,Brahma,vishnu,Ganesh,Lakshmi,hanuman,shiva..etc..etc..etc!

I never denied it leading to many gods, I just said that Nirvana is also a large part of it.

And you obviously do not understand Christianity. The "trinity" (father, son, holy ghost,) are all the same person. Jesus to christians was both the son of god and god incarnate. He is also the messiah, which I believe your people believe in too. You just don't believe that the messiah has come yet.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If you follow Buddhism, It will guide you to a Buddha.(Person)
If you follow Baha'i, It will guide you to Bahaullah (Person)
If you follow Hindusim, It will guide you to thousands of Gods!
If you follow Christianity,It will guide you to Jesus.
If you follow Jewish,It will guide you to God but not almighty.

But,If you follow Islam, It will guide you directly to the Creator of everything.The God who created The smallest atom to the biggest star.

This is what I see.

That is an intersting concept. Do you have any evidence to support it?

However since Jesus is God in the flesh being guided to Jesus means being guided to God. Beyond that a person is invited to form a relationship with God.

There seems to me to be sufficient evidence in the Torah for an almighty God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Approaching marriage at the age of 30, my fiancee and I often discuss our religious future. She was born into a Catholic family and attend a private Catholic school. I was born into a broken Catholic family and rarely attended Catholic church. I actually spent a few years attending a Baptist church in my late teens.

Now that you know a bit about me, I am interested in becoming more spiritual one day soon. The issue is, I have a problem with religion.

For many, choice of religion is inherited from generations past. As children, we do not have our say in choice of religion. Many of us are conditioned to believe that our parents religion is the one and only from a very young age.

My personal beliefs are that there is likely a god but there is no telling which religion is closest to the truth, if any. I believe that most religions were created back when laws did not exist in order to maintain a community that can coexist. After all, the fear of the unknown (afterlife) is an excellent means of controlling people.

I would like to know what happens to all the "good people" who are non christian, or Buddhist, Islam, etc and are blindly lead into their particular religion from a young age? Perhaps they never even heard of religions such as Christianity. Do they burn in Hell because they are ignorant to the fact that Jesus exist? Do Jews automatically go to hell?

This question has bothered me for years. I would like to get a response from members from a variety of different religions, not just Christianity. And please, don't use the word "faith" when you respond.

Thanks everyone

I suggest that you stick with the Baptists. That will give you a good grounding in the Word of God without dumping a lot of doctrine on you. The Word is a good source of spirituality.

Don't worry about other people. God will give everyone what they deserve.

moegypt

That is an intersting concept. Do you have any evidence to support it?

However since Jesus is God in the flesh being guided to Jesus means being guided to God. Beyond that a person is invited to form a relationship with God.

There seems to me to be sufficient evidence in the Torah for an almighty God.

So who is the God? Jesus "God in the flesh" or God "the almighty"?

Almighty took break in saturday during creation?

moegypt

I never denied it leading to many gods, I just said that Nirvana is also a large part of it.

And you obviously do not understand Christianity. The "trinity" (father, son, holy ghost,) are all the same person. Jesus to christians was both the son of god and god incarnate. He is also the messiah, which I believe your people believe in too. You just don't believe that the messiah has come yet.

If they are the same..Then Why Jesus started his ministry when his age was around 30?

Jesus is one of the greatest prophets PBUH.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If they are the same..Then Why Jesus started his ministry when his age was around 30?

He started then, because it was the correct age to start his ministry as our teacher.
He never claimed to be a Prophet.

Jesus is the Son of God... how you interpret that will depend on What you have been taught by your religion. Not even all Christians interpret that in the same way.
However whilst teachings can "hide" the truth, they can not "change" the truth.

In some ways we are all the Children of God. Jesus is the one "PERFECT" example.

Daviso452

Boy Genius

Why does it matter when he started it? The point is that Christians do not believe Jesus was a prophet; they believe he is the Messiah. You believe in the concept of the Messiah too, yes? Not Jesus being the messiah, but the concept of it? If yes; who do you believe the Messiah is? Or do you believe the Messiah has not come yet?

moegypt

He started then, because it was the correct age to start his ministry as our teacher.
He never claimed to be a Prophet.

Jesus is the Son of God... how you interpret that will depend on What you have been taught by your religion. Not even all Christians interpret that in the same way.
However whilst teachings can "hide" the truth, they can not "change" the truth.

In some ways we are all the Children of God. Jesus is the one "PERFECT" example.

I agree that jesus is a prefect example.

But in the other hand, If jesus was Son of God why he didnt start when he was 18 yrs ,as example? I think this is a proof that Jesus was waiting revelation from God.

in Luke 3:23-37 it is mentioned that Jesus is son of Adam,then last son of God! How it works,I cant understand.

and where did Jsus say "I am the son of God"..I think if it is tha fact, It will be seen in bible hundreds of times.

moegypt

Why does it matter when he started it? The point is that Christians do not believe Jesus was a prophet; they believe he is the Messiah. You believe in the concept of the Messiah too, yes? Not Jesus being the messiah, but the concept of it? If yes; who do you believe the Messiah is? Or do you believe the Messiah has not come yet?

Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah.

The word Messiah came in 10 locations in Quran.

3:45 "When the angels said, 'O Mary, Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to ALLAH"

We believe that Jesus will come again.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah.

The word Messiah came in 10 locations in Quran.

3:45 "When the angels said, 'O Mary, Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to ALLAH"

We believe that Jesus will come again.

Yet as I have come to understand it you believe "Mahdi" is the true redeemer; higher than Jesus. Christians believe that the only way to God is through Christ, and that the Kuran is fake.

You cannot use beliefs of your faith as evidence it is greater than another, because the other person can say the exact same thing.

Personally, I do not believe in either.