• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ/AntiChrist.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In the end, what is demonstrated is how, at the very foundations of Western thought, faith in the Incarnation has had the radically surprising effect of perfectly incarnating thought itself ----so much so that, in our time, thought itself has become for the first time the very form of the essentially new world in which we live.​
D.G. Leahy, Preface to: Faith and Philosophy: The Historical Impact.

A thumbnail-sketch of D.G. Leahy's thought, posits the long-awaited correction and inversion of Scholem's "primal-flaw," a primal-flaw whereby the material world, the written word, with all the science and philosophy based on the backwards etiology that supposes the physical is antecedent to the immaterial, is finally corrected through immaterial "faith" in Jesus' proposition that to enter the kingdom of God a person must be reborn not through the false material antecedence of the fleshly appendage, but through the living word which is, in truth, antecedent to, and not an epiphenomenon of, the material world, and its fleshly, backward, epistemological prejudice.

Leahy proclaims that those who exercise faith in Jesus' seemingly backward epistemological prejudice, find, perhaps to their shock and amazement, that indeed, faith in the spoken word, transforms them in a manner not unlike Jesus said it would: they realize that in truth their so-called "rebirth" retroactively situates itself as their original birth, so that they realize, as St. Paul put it (Ephesian 1:4), that they are already in Christ (in the real world) even before the foundation of the material world and a physical birth gallivanting as father and mother of their immaterial soul. They now understand that their so-called first birth, their physical birth, is in fact their second birth, hiding, as it were, within its material shell, the true genesis and authority of their glory, as though that glory is merely an epiphenomenal facet, or facade, of the reality, and solidity, of the material, physical, universe. In brief, what we think far transcends what we see in the mirror, even as the source of our rebirth (what we think) is greater by far than the source of our physical birth hiding from sight in our briefs.

John

I was swimmin' in the Caribbean
Animals were hiding behind the rock
Except the little fish
Bumped into me, I swear he was trying to talk to me, koi-koi

where is my mind? where is my spirit? where is my heaven?

christ the lamb is the super ego, the beast or anti-christ is the id, and finally the ego or personality

much like plato's allegory of the chariot and the black horse vs the white horse and of course the driver.

so then, once the balance is made, heaven and hell aren't a place otherwise but a spiritual state, or mental state of mind. what art thou downcast?

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse, and there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water, see it swimmin' - where is my mind - pixies

Last edited:

John D. Brey

I was swimmin' in the Caribbean
Animals were hiding behind the rock
Except the little fish
Bumped into me, I swear he was trying to talk to me, koi-koi

where is my mind? where is my spirit? where is my heaven?

christ the lamb is the super ego, the beast or anti-christ is the id, and finally the ego or personality

much like plato's allegory of the chariot and the black horse vs the white horse and of course the driver.

so then, once the balance is made, heaven and hell aren't a place otherwise but a spiritual state, or mental state of mind. what art thou downcast?

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse, and there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water, see it swimmin' - where is my mind - pixies

Love the Pixies. Here's the dope:

John