• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Evolutionist:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Alright, important line of evidence #2: The Tree of Life. This is a huge one.

You will remember, from my description of how evolution works, that each new species branches off from an existing species. Later, other species branch off that one, and so forth. Eventually, the ancestor species will have gone extinct, and we will have many descendant species, all related to each other, but none of them the ancestor of another.

Therefore, ToE predicts that every species on earth will be related to the others in only one objective, measurable, sensible pattern, and that will be a tree pattern. There should be a single trunk, from the original ancestor species, that branches out into several ancestral limbs, those into branches, and so forth. At this point, we would be looking at millions of twiglets and leaves, but it should be possible to reconstruct the ancestral twigs and branches.

And it turns out that this is exactly what we see. Every organism on earth, every living species ever discovered, and every ancestor we can deduce from fossil and other evidence, is related to every other species in only one logical way, a branching tree, which we call a nested hierarchy.

In a way this was not a prediction, but an observation, because Linneaus, a creationist, had discovered it earlier. But it in turn generates literally thousands of predictions. What this tells us is that the pattern of resemblance and relationship among species will not follow their function or appearance, but their descent from ancestors. For example, if we just look at a penguin, a shark and a dolphin, we might group them together, since they look somewhat similar, eat fish, and swim. But if we probe beneath the surface, we find out that penguins are birds, and therefore will resemble eagles, that dolphins are mammals, and will therefore resemble mice, and that sharks are cartiliganous fish, and therefore resemble a Manta Ray, despite the fact that none of them look to us anything like these other creatures.

So, once we figure out that penguins are birds, we can predict that they will lay eggs, even if we have not seen them. We can predict that the bones of their fins will be in the same pattern as bird's wings, before we dissect them, and so forth. If we know that dolphins are mammals, we also know that they will bear live young and feed them milk, that they have a uterus, and that the bones of their flippers will resemble mice feet rather than penguins, and that they have lungs and breathe air. We also know that they have a backbone, even if we haven't dissected them, and that they are bilateraly symmetrical. And a pile of other things, every one of them a prediction. Why? Because, even though they look like fish, they were descended from a mammalian ancestor, so they are stuck with mammal parts, which adapted to an aquatic environment. And for sharks, that they lay eggs, have cartilage instead of bones, breath through gills, etc., etc.

We can understand each of these creatures best if we know their ancestral history, if we understand and accept ToE and what it tells us about where theses creatures came from.

And incidentally, we can make bold predictions about them, which creationism does not enable us to do, if we understand, accept and apply ToE.

So, I'm only #2 into the evidence discussion, and already we have literally thousands of predictions.

For me, this single line of evidence is so powerful, so complex and rewarding, that it alone confirms ToE. However, as we will see, it is only the beginning.

Heneni: Do you understand consilience, or do I need to explain it?

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Heneni:

You didn't answer my question. What is your hypothesis about how God created all these species? Is it what I said, Magical Poofing of each individual species 6000 years ago? In your hypothesis, do new species ever evolve?

In addition, does it include a global flood around 4000 years ago? Is it your position that every creature on earth descended from one on board an ark around 4000 years ago?

It's polite to answer reasonable questions when asked. Thank you.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Heneni:

You didn't answer my question. What is your hypothesis about how God created all these species? Is it what I said, Magical Poofing of each individual species 6000 years ago? In your hypothesis, do new species ever evolve?

In addition, does it include a global flood around 4000 years ago? Is it your position that every creature on earth descended from one on board an ark around 4000 years ago?

It's polite to answer reasonable questions when asked. Thank you.

Something else..Dont we know that the at some point the land mass on Earth was one solid piece?

This was brought up on another thread..I will try and find it since it was months ago.But if in just a few short thousand years..All the land broke apart into all these little pieces and floated all over the Earth and settled..Wouldnt that have been pretty noisy?Wouldnt that been something worth noting in history?

No mention of that..

Love

Dallas

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Heneni:

FYI for everyone: some time ago, I created a thread to discuss the evidence for and against the claim that the Earth is 6,000 years old:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/science-vs-religion/59823-if-age-earth-6000-years.html

Anyone's free to continue the discussion there.

Also, if anyone wants to start a thread to discuss the evidence for and against the claim that all species were wiped out by a global flood 4,000 years ago, I'd be interested in it.

challupa

Something else..Dont we know that the at some point the land mass on Earth was one solid piece?

This was brought up on another thread..I will try and find it since it was months ago.But if in just a few short thousand years..All the land broke apart into all these little pieces and floated all over the Earth and settled..Wouldnt that have been pretty noisy?Wouldnt that been something worth noting in history?

No mention of that..

Love

Dallas
Yes you'd think someone might have noticed and wrote about it. If we just showed up here as we are right now, we would have been able to write about things from the beginning of time, but I don't see too much on that subject.

challupa

FYI for everyone: some time ago, I created a thread to discuss the evidence for and against the claim that the Earth is 6,000 years old:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/science-vs-religion/59823-if-age-earth-6000-years.html

Anyone's free to continue the discussion there.

Also, if anyone wants to start a thread to discuss the evidence for and against the claim that all species were wiped out by a global flood 4,000 years ago, I'd be interested in it.
Thanks for the link. In response to the global flood and all species coming from that, I want to say, that's one boat I'm glad I wasn't on. The logistics of such an undertaking not to speak of the smell must have been horrendous!!!!!!!!!!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yes you'd think someone might have noticed and wrote about it. If we just showed up here as we are right now, we would have been able to write about things from the beginning of time, but I don't see too much on that subject.

I was just thinking..Of course a global flood is noteworthy(especially if a man built a boat and saved all of mankind including all other animals)..but isnt the Earths land mass cracking into pieces worth noting as well?

(I wonder how Noah saved all the insects?..it must have been irritating not being able to swat the two mosquitos and flys ..and roaches and all that)

Love

Dallas

challupa

I was just thinking..Of course a global flood is noteworthy(especially if a man built a boat and saved all of mankind including all other animals)..but isnt the Earths land mass cracking into pieces worth noting as well?

(I wonder how Noah saved all the insects?..it must have been irritating not being able to swat the two mosquitos and flys ..and roaches and all that)

Love

Dallas
:D Yes and if I ever catch up with Noah, I'm going to ask him what he was thinking saving mosquitos!!! Will never understand that executive decision :no::no:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
:D Yes and if I ever catch up with Noah, I'm going to ask him what he was thinking saving mosquitos!!! Will never understand that executive decision :no::no:

Noah must known they are part of the natural order of things..They do serve a purpose in the balance of the eco system..(dont they?)..

Love

Dallas

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Evolution requires faith? No, what really requires a lot faith is the wishful thinking that the insurmountable and overwhelming mountain the evidence is all simply just Satan trying to deceive us and/or God testing our faith. What also requires a lot faith is the ridicilous conspiracy theory that every single legit and credible scientist ever are all in one on big massive conspiracy together, that the entire fields of paleontology, geology and biology are all just one big hoax. The international scientific community is just one big Zionist/Satanic cult, part of the plan to establish a new world order to brainwash and take over the world. THAT is what requires faith, and yes she really believes that ridiculous rubbish. Just ask her about the hidden agenda of the "new age movement".

Last edited:

challupa

Noah must known they are part of the natural order of things..They do serve a purpose in the balance of the eco system..(dont they?)..

Love

Dallas
I don't know if they do. Hmmm now I have to go google that and find out. Or maybe someone on this thread can answer that. Well here I go....

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I don't know if they do. Hmmm now I have to go google that and find out. Or maybe someone on this thread can answer that. Well here I go....

Thank you...I will anxiously be awaiting the research..I do think that flies are like natural garbage collectors..Ya know..like they eat the dead carcasses and then lay the eggs in them(thats where maggotts come from(baby flies)..but Im not quite so sure about mosquitos and roaches..(I know bees are neceessary) what about ants?

It must of been really hard for Noah to have brought one male and one female ant on the boat too..They are SOOO tiny..He must have had an ant farm or something..

Anyway..let me know what you find out..I would do it..but I have the grandbaby today..and he is evolving really QUICK!

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Thank you...I will anxiously be awaiting the research..I do think that flies are like natural garbage collectors..Ya know..like they eat the dead carcasses and then lay the eggs in them(thats where maggotts come from(baby flies)..but Im not quite so sure about mosquitos and roaches..(I know bees are neceessary) what about ants?
Mosquitos' only food source is blood. In many ecosystems, blood-borne pathogens use them as a way to move from one host animal to another.

It must of been really hard for Noah to have brought one male and one female ant on the boat too..They are SOOO tiny..He must have had an ant farm or something..
There are many, many species of ant, but I wonder where Noah would have had the room for even them, what with his boat being full of all the huge number of species of beetles.

challupa

Thank you...I will anxiously be awaiting the research..I do think that flies are like natural garbage collectors..Ya know..like they eat the dead carcasses and then lay the eggs in them(thats where maggotts come from(baby flies)..but Im not quite so surre about mosquitos and roaches..(I know bees are neceessary) what about ants?

Anyway..let me know what you find out..I would do it..but I have the grandbaby today..and he is evolving really QUICK!

Love

Dallas
LOL grandbabies do that!!! However, so far I can't find a single thing that says they have a purpose. Lots of ways to eliminate them, many sites bemoaning their horrible abilities to make things sick, but so far nothing to say they have a "reason for being". If I don't find anything maybe someone much smarter then moi can enlighten us. Have fun with the grandkids!!

challupa

Mosquitos' only food source is blood. In many ecosystems, blood-borne pathogens use them as a way to move from one host animal to another.

There are many, many species of ant, but I wonder where Noah would have had the room for even them, what with his boat being full of all the huge number of species of beetles.
So the only thing they do is pass around pathogens? Is this considered "good" or beneficial in any way that I'm not aware of?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

OH OH !! I know..Noah saved the diseases too!!(diseases are people too!!)

I wonder where he kept all the diseases???(maybe in his body???)..

But that was really nice of him to let one male and one female mosquitto feed off the blood of the other passengers..He was just that kind of guy..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh okay. Also after reading that last post to Dallas, I seems to read as though I am talking about grandbabies not having a use. Just to make sure my intent is clear, I was referring to mosquitos....:yes:
It wasn't that. It was the idea that individual organisms (e.g. grandbabies) go through "evolution" as they grow.