• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian hedonist video

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

Perhaps you too, Angellous, can cheapen Christianity in some way by taking a philosophy which is completely foreign to Christianity, duct-taping and re-defining its most critical elements, and make people believe that it's utilitarian....

May be some money in it considering how gullible and thoughtless some people are...

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;849334 said:
I always do. Except when I don't.

I don't except when I do.

When I come back around, I love myself even more... it's further proof that I truly am the center of my universe.:beach:

Special Revelation

I don't except when I do.

When I come back around, I love myself even more... it's further proof that I truly am the center of my universe.:beach:

I will gracefully bow out of this Thread since it does not appear to edify Christians on this site. I believe the chief end of man is to "glorify God and enjoy Him forever". Or I can also embrace that our main purpose in life is to "glorify God by enjoying Him forever".

What is your chief end in life? I would give you my thoughts, but it is apparent to most Christians on this site with your posting quoted above. I sure line-up better with Orthodox Roman Catholics than apparent liberal protestants. :)

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Equating joy with happiness is as impossible in English as it is in Greek. There is no such thing as Christian happiness, and it is completely incompatible with the concept of joy.

dear angellous:
please pretend i am a barely literate moron (not that far from the truth) and expand on this post for my spiritual edification.

i am just not getting it.

A

angellous_evangellous

dear angellous:
please pretend i am a barely literate moron (not that far from the truth) and expand on this post for my spiritual edification.

i am just not getting it.

Happiness is most characterized in English as a pleasent emotion experienced by happenstance. It means that by luck or chance you're pleased with your circumstances. This is impossible to do when the circumstances are not characterized as pleasurable like suffering on a cross or being a disciple of Christ. To qualify this word to mean anything else is to stretch its definition to such an extent that it would be better to be more precise and choose something else.

Joy is a gift of God when happiness is impossible. When the circumstances are not pleasent and one cannot be pleased, one can be comforted by the promises and activities of God. Also, in circumstances in which we should not be happy, we can be comforted by the hope which is supernaturally affected by the mercy of God.

I think the misidentification of joy, blessing, and comfort with "enjoyment" and "happiness" are destructive and heretical. It's destructive because one cannot enjoy the death of a child or spouce, and then wrongly feel that they have missed the point of Christianity. It's in these times of suffering which ruins our happiness that God can be most evident in refreshing us with his love.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Happiness is most characterized in English as a pleasent emotion experienced by happenstance. It means that by luck or chance you're pleased with your circumstances. This is impossible to do when the circumstances are not characterized as pleasurable like suffering on a cross or being a disciple of Christ. To qualify this word to mean anything else is to stretch its definition to such an extent that it would be better to be more precise and choose something else.

Joy is a gift of God when happiness is impossible. When the circumstances are not pleasent and one cannot be pleased, one can be comforted by the promises and activities of God. Also, in circumstances in which we should not be happy, we can be comforted by the hope which is supernaturally affected by the mercy of God.

I think the misidentification of joy, blessing, and comfort with "enjoyment" and "happiness" are destructive and heretical. It's destructive because one cannot enjoy the death of a child or spouce, and then wrongly feel that they have missed the point of Christianity. It's in these times of suffering which ruins our happiness that God can be most evident in refreshing us with his love.

i wish you were my pastor.

thank you.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you

I agree with this post, very insightful. Trouble is i feel I may have been tricked into agreeing with a heresy.

Special Revelation

i wish you were my pastor.

thank you.

It's very interesting that a person named Moon Woman who belongs to

Eros:
For those who wish to discuss erotica and human sexuality in a private forum

and is not a Christian would want the author of this Thread to be her pastor. I thought the message of the cross is foolishness and a great offense to nonbelievers. I'm sorry, I wasn't going to post on this Thread again. However, I thought I wanted to share this insight.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense

Eros:

and is not a Christian would want the author of this Thread to be her pastor. I thought the message of the cross is foolishness and a great offense to nonbelievers. I'm sorry, I wasn't going to post on this Thread again. However, I thought I wanted to share this insight.

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

truly i am sorry you are offended by my silly ID, or by a married woman who respects and enjoys one of God's greatest inventions (sex). it is a sad little person who attacks others in such a petty and inappropriate manner. truly unbecoming behavior for a gentleman, but perhaps i presume too much.

I AM a Christian and more importantly, a follower of Christ. A sheep who hears and heeds her Master's voice, an unworthy broken vessel renewed and made whole, a sinner, a reprobate, a Libertine caught by the hound of Heaven and saved in every possible way by Jesus himself. Really, any accusation you might want to make would fall short of the mark. I am the first to admit my utter unworthiness, which has made me all the more grateful to the one who saved me and made me an inheritor of the Kingdom, an immortal, a saint, and all by the mercy and grace of God Himself.

so in the interests of God's glory kindly keep your judgmentalia to yourself.

as for me I forgive you, for whatever vile thing you have tried to imply, for denying my faith, for hurting my feelings with your pettiness, for all these things i forgive you and freely place the offense in the hands of the one who sits on the judgement seat.

A

angellous_evangellous

Eros:

I'm no longer a standing member of Eros because I too have been attacked by weak-minded idiots. I just join when I want to participate... a fly-in under the radar. :D

A

angellous_evangellous

I agree with this post, very insightful. Trouble is i feel I may have been tricked into agreeing with a heresy.

Heresy is not really the issue. It's knowing the Father, and the Father is not one to care much about our rhetoric.

EDIT: I've seen this cheap hedonistic Christianity applied at Christian funerals. These are the folks who are happy and jubulent at a funeral or rejoice at catastrophes like Katrina or 9/11, offending their very humanity and completely misunderstanding their God. We serve the God who wipes tears from our eyes, not the one who rebukes us for not being continually happy.

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;850280 said:
Unless it's my rhetoric. In which case, it is the Father's rhetoric.

Or so the argument always goes . . . :rolleyes:

It's not the argument that I was using.

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;850284 said:
I wasn't specifically thinking of you.;)

Good. That will be the day that you start self-actualizing my reality. I just hope you do it half as well as me. ;)