• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian "science" fair

Fredx10

fantôme profane;841218 said:

Yes! I absolutely do think it is a very real possibility. Especially if we sit back and ignore what is going on. If we decide that it is not important for science teachers to teach good science then we will have no one to blame but ourselves for the rising culture of ignorance. If we continue on as we have been not only accepting ignorance, but actual encouraging and rewarding it then things could get very dark very fast.

I know you think we are all overreacting, but I don’t see anyone getting out the torches and pitchforks. All I am saying is that we must educate children. These people are actually making a concentrated effort to misinform children. And you ask me if I honestly think we on the verge of a new dark age? In some places we are well past the verge.

I admire your optimism, even if I obviously don’t share it. Yes it is possible that some of these children may go on to get real educations in the sciences, and some of them may go on to challenge conventional ways of thinking. But just imagine how many more of them could do so if they actually received good scientific education now. Just think about how many brilliant young minds are being polluted by this kind of nonsense. How many students are being hurt by this “dis-education”?

If you are looking for a paradigm shift towards a greater understanding of the universe this is not the way to do it. You cannot achieve greater understanding by promoting ignorance.
"Very dark very fast" to whom? The earth has no capacity to care. Man has the capacity to care but he can't care enough. What will happen will happen. From space you'll not see a difference.