• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Science: Here's your Chance

The Neo Nerd

Ok everyone here's your chance to put forward your Christian Science proof of God.

I'm curious to see what they have come up with.

Please note articles disproving evolution are not proof of god, if they are indeed correct, they are only proof that evolution is wrong. So please don't waste our time and bandwidth by posting them.

I promise to respectfully and open mindedly discuss you articles (hopefully everyone else will as well).

Thankyou,

-Q

The Neo Nerd

Ohhhhh come on people.

I'm actually interested in what creation scientists are putting out. Let's face it unless it's from one of the social sciences i probably wont understand it anyway.

I've promised to be respectful and i'll add the additional promise not be snide, sarcastic or facetious.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
"Tide goes in, tide comes out. You can't explain that."
:D

I'd like to see what becomes of this thread.. though I don't expect it go very far, sadly.

BruceDLimber

"Tide goes in, tide comes out. You can't explain that."

Says who?!

The tide has been understood for centuries, if not millenia!

So meaning no offense, if this thread in fact "isn't going to go very far," that's probably blameable on the choice of truly lame quotes!

Bruce

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
So meaning no offense, if this thread in fact "isn't going to go very far," that's probably blameable on the choice of truly lame quotes!
It's called a joke. Try it sometime.

Also, it's from Bill O'Reilly. Supposed to show how "proving God" with science fails.

lunakilo

The moon is at the precise distance from the earth to be able to completely obscure the bright disk of the Sun, allowing the much fainter solar corona to be visible.

Now what are the chances of that?

It must be Gods work ;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The moon is at the precise distance from the earth to be able to completely obscure the bright disk of the Sun, allowing the much fainter solar corona to be visible.

That depends - are you talking about the chances of that particular thing happening, or are you talking about the chances of any natural astronomical phenomenon that human beings would consider interesting?

565-6.jpg

The Christian Science textbook is fascinating a read! :)

lunakilo

That depends - are you talking about the chances of that particular thing happening, or are you talking about the chances of any natural astronomical phenomenon that human beings would consider interesting?
I am talking about the incredable coincidence that the moons orbit is at the exact distance to to be able to cause total solar eclipses.

But there are probably other interesting natural phenonenon that would 'prove' the same thing, I just can't think of any right now.

lunakilo

OK that's a start.

For what purpose does a solar eclipse exist?

Is this an argument for god or for creation?
I guess it is an atempt to 'prove' that God must exist.

There is no logical or scientific reason why the moon should be at that distance from the Earth.
But is certainly looks cool (have you ever seen a total solar eclipse? It is an awesome experience :))

So the argument is that the orbit of the moon seems very unnatual, so 'someone' must have decided to put it there.
That someone is often referred to as God.

Just to be clear on this (this is the ieternet after all and people have a tendency to misunderstand each other) I don't think the argument proves anything, I just posted it because noone else seem to be able to come up with anything better :)

The Neo Nerd

I guess it is an atempt to 'prove' that God must exist.

There is no logical or scientific reason why the moon should be at that distance from the Earth.
But is certainly looks cool (have you ever seen a total solar eclipse? It is an awesome experience :))

So the argument is that the orbit of the moon seems very unnatual, so 'someone' must have decided to put it there.
That someone is often referred to as God.

Just to be clear on this (this is the ieternet after all and people have a tendency to misunderstand each other) I don't think the argument proves anything, I just posted it because noone else seem to be able to come up with anything better :)

Agreed.

It certainly seems that way.

It's kinda sad, i'm really interested to see what christian/creation scientists are coming up with.

I'm not looking for an argument.

Honestly i'm expecting most of the science to go straight over my head (this forum has made me wish i'd taken biology and chemistry in highschool.

-Q

ellenjanuary

It must be Gods work ;)

The Moon is moving away from the Earth; this coincidence won't even be a factor in the future.