• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity too Political?

Pah

Uber all member
Victor said:

I know that, but just like you are constantly trying to reform goverment policies to fit your secular views, so is the Church.
You didn't answer the points. Try again "I don't understand how government is digging into a Church tenent? And I have never understood why the injunction to go and preach is twisted into forming/reforming society."

And Victor, government IS secular - I'm just trying to keep out sectarian views.
I disagree. I think it was intended to have the people choose above all. Not that religions don't have any influence. Most people back then were religious and it would make no sense if "religion" was to stay out.
The people HAVE chosen. They okayed the Constitution and each amemndment by ratification. The people have voice in representive government but that must meet the standards of the Constitution which the people have approved.

The populace being religious at the time of the founding (17%, I believe) does not mean they intended the government to be religious. Even the first American Great Awakening did nothing to increase that number.

To convert is to fully associate yourself to that religion. Passing abortion laws and such do not do such a thing.

~Victor
Nonsense. Can you tell me that all associated with the Catholic Church do not use birth control medicine, do not get abortions, do not have affairs, do not get secular divorces?