• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians Getting Naked

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
It's not something I would do, but I don't see a problem with it among consenting adults. I'm not sure it's best for children to be in nudist colonies unless there are STRONG protections against pedophilia.

I guess the question about whether it's inconsistent with Christian principles depends on what your concept and purpose of nudity. Are you shunning clothes to become one with nature or is just a cheap stunt to look at each others naughty bits.

BTW...anyone not from the USA south might enjoy this. Nude is a lack of clothes. Nekkid is nude and you're up to no good.:sorry1:

Me Myself

Back to my username

I guess the question about whether it's inconsistent with Christian principles depends on what your concept and purpose of nudity. Are you shunning clothes to become one with nature or is just a cheap stunt to look at each others naughty bits.

To be fair, that should be very obvious. Try to hide an erection when nude! :D

orcel

Amature Theologian
But this is what's so neat about Christianity; one has soo many beliefs to pick from within the religion that it's able to suite everyones dispositions and predilections.

That makes no sence what-so-ever. This isn't a subset of Christianity but rather a lifestyle that does not conflict with Christianity. Its be better stated that Christian nudism is a group within nudism rather then the other way around.

orcel

Amature Theologian
It's not something I would do, but I don't see a problem with it among consenting adults. I'm not sure it's best for children to be in nudist colonies unless there are STRONG protections against pedophilia.

Advocates for nudism argue that nudism is good for kids, that kids are natually nudist from birth, that nudism results in later experiments with sexuality (as the curiosity is less), and that nudist orginazations wwork really carefully to protact kids. And it is an EXTREMELY non-sexual enviroment.

However, truth be told, I've seen my own nudism severly diminished sincehaving kids and I've not taken my kids to the nude beach.

Actually its usually (though not always) the people who remain clothed at nude beaches that are obviously there just for siteseeing.

Skwim

Veteran Member
That makes no sence what-so-ever. This isn't a subset of Christianity but rather a lifestyle that does not conflict with Christianity. Its be better stated that Christian nudism is a group within nudism rather then the other way around.
The Christian religion can be, and has been, interpreted to justify a whole pot load of activities, and a person can easily find justification for just about anything one cares to. Want to practice X, Y, and Z and still keep within the teachings of the Christian religion? No problem, just read chapter 7 verse 21 in Second Permissibles. No one else agree with you? So what; no one has exclusive rights to Biblical interpretation, so yours is as good as any.

orcel

Amature Theologian
The Christian religion can be, and has been, interpreted to justify a whole pot load of activities, and a person can easily find justification for just about anything one cares to. Want to practice X, Y, and Z and still keep within the teachings of the Christian religion? No problem, just read chapter 7 verse 21 in Second Permissibles. No one else agree with you? So what; no one has exclusive rights to Biblical interpretation, so yours is as good as any.

What your missing here is that nudism is not about Christianity, it just happens to not conflict with Christianity. Just like Hindu or Budism or Judism or all whole host of other religions that do not conflict with nudism. Your attempt to pin this to some weird sect of Christanity is an absurd argument.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's probably a safe bet that most nudists in the US are Christian, since 85% of Americans are Christian.

connermt

From Naturist-Christians.org
"What is a Christian naturist? As Christians we uphold the moral values taught by our savior Jesus Christ while as naturists we enjoy being nude in a non-sexual, non-erotic way. In short, we are committed to a Christian, international, family centered, natural and naturist set of Core Values.

ScreenShot007.jpg

Our emphasis is on how Christians can live naturally in their homes and enjoy recreational or social activities while free of clothing and shame. In our forums we will talk about how that works, and in our albums we will show pictorial evidence of Christian naturism in action. You will see natural affection, by way of smiles and occasional hugs, but nothing more. You will not see enticing shots inviting the thought of eroticism, that is not what we are about.

Naturists may be young or old, large or small, and from any race or creed. As such you will see photos which include families, adults, teens, and children alike. The style of photos we portray here is in compliance with federal standards for displaying family nudity. We do not display photographs for the purpose of adult entertainment, but for the purpose of public education, which is consistent with our legal standing as a 501 (c) (3) Religious Corporation in the State of Florida, USA."
Source & Home Page

So how do you think this squares with the Christian faith?

Christianity is all about control, power and money. It loves to tell you what to do and condemn those who don't do as it says. People who are power hungry like to adhere to its principles because it gives them a thrill of sorts.
Telling people not to be natural (the bible even specifically speaks to this [in this world but not of it]) is one way for power hungry people to....enjoy themselves. :eek:
You may also hear that being nude can be the beginning of "lust". It's all fear that stems from leaving the faith by doing what you see is right for you.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think nudism is fine for kids. It only causes problems amongst adults who, from lack of exposure, have come to equate it with sex.
Pedophiles, or any randy people, are going to pursue their personal sexual fixations clothed or unclothed.

OMEGA777

What is a Christian naturist?

Answer: NOT A Christian.

We, the Elect of God are Ambassadors for God and thus must Represent God in every day conduct.
We must be Modest and Honourable in a Wicked and Permissive Society.

Eph 6:20 I am an ambassador in bonds:

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without;
lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2Co 6:8 By honour and good report:

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel,

Php 4:8 Finally, whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Hab 2:15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him,
and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
What is a Christian naturist?

Answer: NOT A Christian.

We, the Elect of God are Ambassadors for God and thus must Represent God in every day conduct.
We must be Modest and Honourable in a Wicked and Permissive Society.

Eph 6:20 I am an ambassador in bonds:

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without;
lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2Co 6:8 By honour and good report:

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel,

Php 4:8 Finally, whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Hab 2:15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him,
and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
If the list of scriptures here is supposed to be evidence that being a naturist automatically excludes one from being a Christian
I fail to see their relevance. :shrug:

4consideration

Premium Member
The Christian organization is correct in its scripture. The Bible does state that Adam and Eve clothed themselves to cover what they viewed as shame after they learned they were naked before The Lord. Thus since God did not order man to cover himself, it seems reasonable that man may choose not to be covered now.

Furthermore, I do not see how nudity would miss the mark in any manner. I agree with the Christians in this example. In their religion, this is not wrong to my knowledge.

I agree.

However, when I weigh this issue for myself, personally, looks like I come up about 20 lbs. overweight. So, no public nudity for me -- personally. It would make me uncomfortable, so it is not for me. All others, have at it if you like!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Skwim,

Christians Getting Naked

Could you first clarify and define to who is a christian??
does attending church services or believing in Jesus makes one a christian?

Personally each one of us is simply a being, human at best and we all follow path or paths where no-path is also a path to realize that oneness with the source where this human form originated. This following a path is personal and not that all followers of one path be equated as if someone is sending humans back to the source in batches!!

Love & rgds

Skwim

Veteran Member
Friend Skwim,

Could you first clarify and define to who is a christian??
does attending church services or believing in Jesus makes one a christian?
I accept as Christian anyone who claims Christianity as their faith.

For those in the OP claiming to be naturist Christians the answer may be HERE

OMEGA777

You guys don't know your Bible.

God made clothing for Adam and Eve.

God wants us to cover our bodies.

Come on guys , lets put on those Burkas.

Would you like to see your grandmother on the naturalist beach ?

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
You guys don't know your Bible.

God made clothing for Adam and Eve.

God wants us to cover our bodies.

Come on guys , lets put on those Burkas.

Would you like to see your grandmother on the naturalist beach ?

Man, if youread, Adam and Eve were embarresed. But up until then, god letted them run buckass naked. So your point is? If my gma wants to, morefreedom to her. I won't go naked or near the beach. Mainly because I don't like the beach and won't go to a normal one.