• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians Only: Should we have denominations in Christianity?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I am still trying to figure out the rules about where I am allowed to post and where I can read to learn. Any links please.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I am still trying to figure out the rules about where I am allowed to post and where I can read to learn. Any links please.
The title of this thread states "For Christians only." I think that there was confusion about whether you were a Christian, but you cleared that up.

In my case, I usually reply to posts that appear in my alerts. I sometimes get confused because I don't notice that a given thread is for group X only. None of my remarks in this thread are appropriate, since I'm Jewish. :)

Thank You, I still not sure. I will go with stay where the Bible is discussed. Areas like Islam, simply go there to learn. Am I allowed to ask Muslims questions about their faith? examples of safe and unsafe questions please. thanks, daniel

The title of this thread states "For Christians only." I think that there was confusion about whether you were a Christian, but you cleared that up.

In my case, I usually reply to posts that appear in my alerts. I sometimes get confused because I don't notice that a given thread is for group X only. None of my remarks in this thread are appropriate, since I'm Jewish. :)
May ask questions about your faith in Jewish areas? friend. examples of safe questions please. I know not to ask about Jesus there.

IndigoChild5559

May ask questions about your faith in Jewish areas? friend. examples of safe questions please. I know not to ask about Jesus there.
Probably the best place to ask me questions about the Jewish faith would be in the interfaith discussion room. I'd love to talk with you. If you address me in your opening post like this @IndigoChild5559 I will receive an alert and can easily find your post to reply to. :) And possibly, other Jews might find your thread and reply as well. See you there.

Safe questions would be things like, what does it mean to keep the sabbath, what is "kosher," what sacred books do jews have, what holidays, how do jews see other religions, what makes a person a Jew, what is your favorite recipe for challah, LOL you get the idea.

JACC2312

There are so many different denominations of Christianity and more and more keep coming. I have always believed that this was regular, until I read where God said that we are all one in Christ. Why is this and should we have all of these?
Unfortunatelly denominations are means of differentiation between streams of understanding and interpetation of the Revelation. and they are important because lay people can't go through the knowledge of all the belief system of each one community, for Catholics for Example it is very important to go to Mass, to Confess Sins, to Have Communion, and to participate of the Sacraments as the Church teaches, for some Christian traditions there is no need of Communion, Confesion, or participation on Sacraments. and even worse some Protestant Buildings are copied from Catholic Architectonic Styles, like Gothic or Barroque, So it creates confusion on catholics that want to persevere in what we consider the One True Church. Denominations then are a mean to make evident the differences.

Probably the best place to ask me questions about the Jewish faith would be in the interfaith discussion room. I'd love to talk with you. If you address me in your opening post like this @IndigoChild5559 I will receive an alert and can easily find your post to reply to. :) And possibly, other Jews might find your thread and reply as well. See you there.

Safe questions would be things like, what does it mean to keep the sabbath, what is "kosher," what sacred books do jews have, what holidays, how do jews see other religions, what makes a person a Jew, what is your favorite recipe for challah, LOL you get the idea.
I was warned only to post in two areas and I am already committed to two. Feel free friend to post my questions there and give a link to it here so I can read the response. thanks daniel

IndigoChild5559

I was warned only to post in two areas and I am already committed to two. Feel free friend to post my questions there and give a link to it here so I can read the response. thanks daniel
Okay, I opened a thread called Mitzvah Moments in the interfaith section. You can find it here:

There are so many different denominations of Christianity and more and more keep coming. I have always believed that this was regular, until I read where God said that we are all one in Christ. Why is this and should we have all of these?
friend a very valid and i am sure it is frustrating for you to ask this is my assumption. but sadly yes we need denominations because not all churches follow bible they follow men made religion and the ones in those churches who came to know that this teaching is not biblical and later tried to convince them fall away from that church and start a new denomination in that sense it is essential but as you said all churches must strive to be one and not different as paul said.

Coder

I believe:

not all churches follow bible...
The belief that the bible itself has sole authority is generally based on earlier rejection of church authority and the need to claim some other authority. You are assuming that the bible itself has authority, when in fact the elite Greek-educated Jewish Roman citizen named Paul, had ideas for a new religion of Roman unity and the end of animal sacrifices. The books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are largely artificially designed to purposefully match the theology outlined by Paul.

For example, eating the bread is the Jewish part, and eating the body is the Greco-Roman polytheistic part whereby the animal sacrifices to idols were eaten.

Recommend: