• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: The Joy of Worship

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
This has been a challenging year for my family and I. Last December I was diagnosed with colon cancer and in May I went in for surgery to have it removed. There were complications and I was stuck in the hospital for 3 and a half months and went through a total of four major surgeries.

One thing I learned while in the hospital was the importance of worship. When I was under the most physical and emotional strain, I had a tendency to feel sorry for myself and hate the situation I was in. A friend of mine lent me some audio sermons and one of them talked about the benefit of worship during troubled times. I found that worshiping God in these difficult situations was the most comforting thing I could do and it actually brought me joy despite my situation. I praised God for the work he was doing with me and my friends and family, and that He would be glorified through it.

I encourage Christians to not just reserve Sunday mornings for worship and to worship God throughout the week. We all have a lot of stress and challenges we deal with on a daily basis and I think it will help to praise God through those times.

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
This has been a challenging year for my family and I. Last December I was diagnosed with colon cancer and in May I went in for surgery to have it removed. There were complications and I was stuck in the hospital for 3 and a half months and went through a total of four major surgeries.

Are you fully recovered?

Hoping the best for you and your family.

lunamoth

Will to love
Great story about worship Nick. It is through worship that we can tap into that joy that let's us know that all will be well, all will be well.

I also hope you are feeling better, healthy, stronger.

Peace,
luna

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
I am doing much better and getting stronger each week, thank you! I am going through chemo now which is a bit of a drag, but that won't go on forever. :areyoucra

lizskid

BANNED
How good for you that worship brought you such comfort. I find it comforting as well. I wish you God's speed in your healing!

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense

One thing I learned while in the hospital was the importance of worship. When I was under the most physical and emotional strain, I had a tendency to feel sorry for myself and hate the situation I was in. A friend of mine lent me some audio sermons and one of them talked about the benefit of worship during troubled times. I found that worshiping God in these difficult situations was the most comforting thing I could do and it actually brought me joy despite my situation. I praised God for the work he was doing with me and my friends and family, and that He would be glorified through it.

I encourage Christians to not just reserve Sunday mornings for worship and to worship God throughout the week. We all have a lot of stress and challenges we deal with on a daily basis and I think it will help to praise God through those times.

Wow. Thanks for sharing your uplifting and inspirational story with us Nick, you are so right about praising God in everything. I said a prayer for your return to good health, a full and speedy recovery. God bless you and your familyl