• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians - Unity among Abrahamic Faiths in RF

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
hi guys, i have opened a similar thread in the other DIRs and i wanted to get your opinions also on uniting the Abrahamic faiths with what we have in common instead of argue against one another on what we differ. do you guys reckon we could get along, maybe we could make some rules as a guide to help us move forward for the better in this direction. do you guys have any thoughts regarding this, any ideas on how we could make it work?

this is the thread in the Abrahamic Faiths DIR for those of you who haven't seen it yet:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/abrahamic-religions-dir/115609-unity-abrahamic-faiths-rf.html

Sultan Of Swing

Hmmm... I guess we all agree on the Ten Commandments?
(Sorry, I'm not sure if the Ten Commandments are acknowledged by Muslims. I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to Islam.)

Eagle

Y'shua follower
hi guys, i have opened a similar thread in the other DIRs and i wanted to get your opinions also on uniting the Abrahamic faiths with what we have in common instead of argue against one another on what we differ. do you guys reckon we could get along, maybe we could make some rules as a guide to help us move forward for the better in this direction. do you guys have any thoughts regarding this, any ideas on how we could make it work?

this is the thread in the Abrahamic Faiths DIR for those of you who haven't seen it yet:

Hi Eselam,

Do you believe that Muslims would allow Jews to pray on the Temple Mount?

Do you believe that countries dominated by Islam will accept their people to convert to Christianity and build churches to worship Jesus Christ?

What will be the guidance for the people, the Surah, the Mitzvahs or the law of Christ?

These are "pillars" in the Abrahamic religions, when you change this you are changing the actual religions, so it really should be called a different religion then.

We can live in peace if we love each other as well as our enemies, if this is possible in this world there will not be hate but rather peace.

I truly do not know how the Abrahamic religions can be united.......but it will be a give and take and in my experience people don't want to give away that which they identify with very easily.........

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I cant see how they might be united considering one follows Moses, one follows Jesus and one follows Muhammad.

If we got our heads together and came to a unanimous decision on who we will follow, then we can be unified by following one person. But until that happens, the abrahamic faiths will remain very individual.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Hmmm... I guess we all agree on the Ten Commandments?
(Sorry, I'm not sure if the Ten Commandments are acknowledged by Muslims. I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to Islam.)

yes muslims must obey the 10 commandments, they are part of islam. good thinking.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
@ Eagle and Pegg.

no one is saying that we should give up our religions and their laws and form some other religion, we as Abrahamic Faiths have as much in common as we have differences, so rather than live by our differences how about we live by our similarities.

confusedius

The Shadow
This is a great idea, the success of which will be keeping people who hate out of the discussions. Perhaps the "Comparative Religions" is the place to put it, since "debate" is prohibited there. It will need good moderation to work, methinks...

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
We don't believe in the same God as Jews or Muslims. The God we believe in had a son. Also, just because we use alot of the same scriptures how we interpret them is very different. I am all for peace and unity but our bond is as fellow human beings and that should be all that's needed for us to get along.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/abrahamic-religions-dir/115609-unity-abrahamic-faiths-rf.html

There is already a movement dedicated to that. It is called ecumenicism. There is no doubt we can unite on some things. On some things you could even get other religions as well.