• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Circumcision without consent. Is it wrong?

Is it wrong to circumcise a baby who cannot consent?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Only Jewish people should be able to

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Idk yo

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
He just explained to you why this claim of yours was wrong. And guess what would probably happen if they banned abortion? The number of legal late term abortions would almost certainly go up.

Can you figure out why?
So you are admitting that I am correct and many legally aborted babies could survive. Interesting.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No, because you do not appear to be able to discern the difference between the truth and a lie when it comes to this topic. And to make it worse, you are too likely to forgive those lying sources.
How do you think they are killed? Or will you just continue to babble instead of actually answering anything?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Percentages don't equal a small amount of late term abortions. They are a smoke screen.
Over 100,000 human beings are killed in second and third trimester abortions each year — nearly 274 babies each day and at least 11 every hour.
Oops! You used a lying source again.

If you want to make a factual claim you need a quote and a link. You have been shown to be wrong far too many times:

News, sport and opinion from the Guardian's US edition | The Guardian

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why would it even matter? If even a single man regrets that's enough to justify not doing it on anyone against their consent. Particularly because it can be done later on.
And with anesthetic too!
Unless they're Jewish...they'd to without just to be authentic.

QuestioningMind

If you bring up the argument "but circumcised men can last longer" in a debate about the rights and wrongs of circucision, then expect people to see that apologetics for circumcision.
If you were in a debate about the Holocaust and said, "well, Hitler did improve the social infrastructure", a few eyebrows would be raised, don't you think?

You really should read my words in context. I was responding to a claim that circumcision ALWAYS results in less pleasurable sex. I have never once advocated for boys being circumcised without their consent and have in fact stated that I'm 100% opposed. I really can't be responsible for people how people see what I wrote if they don't bother to take the time to look at what I'm actually writing about.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
it can be done later on.

A 'snip' in time: what is the best age to circumcise?

Screenshot_20220420_160443.jpg

It's only 44ish pages of content; skimming through it should give ample evidence that circumcision as an infant is not the same as circumcision later in life.

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

I think we can safely leave the sensitivity issue behind as a bit of a red herring. I certainly don't see it as an important issue in the circumcision problem. I only object when others claim there is no reduction, which you seemed to do earlier on. I accept that it is not your position.

I never once suggested that there wasn't a reduction in sensitivity. All I said was that reduced sensitivity does not automatically mean reduced pleasure. It's only a red herring if you completely ignore what I was actually talking about.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I never once suggested that there wasn't a reduction in sensitivity. All I said was that reduced sensitivity does not automatically mean reduced pleasure. It's only a red herring if you completely ignore what I was actually talking about.

Some people have a real hatred for circumcision. There have been studies posted that show it does not interfere with one's sex life. I posted a link to a meta study (they combined the findings of quite a few studies) that found that unlike had been claimed that women prefer a circumcised penis, and that is across many different cultures and countries. It was not limited to the US. I oppose it as well because it is imposed on children without their consent and there does not seem to be a genuine need for it any more

I was circumcised and in hindsight I approve. But one cannot guarantee that for everyone. It is not easily undone. Let a kid decide for himself.