• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

City cracks down on illegal houses of worship

Pah

Uber all member
Melody said:
I would guess this had less to do with religion and more to do with safety. Depending on how many people were involved, a private home is rarely outfitted in a safe manner for large numbers of people. Doors may not open outwards, exits may be limited, layout of the house may make fast exits virtually impossible in case of fire and I could go on.

As for large parties, bible studies, confirmations, etc., check your zoning laws and I'd guess there is something in there that gives the local officials the authority to close down a bible study, confirmation or party if they feel the amount of people exceeds the safe limits of the size of the home.

Melody
I agree, Melody. And let me add the traffic problems with parked cars associated with police, fire and ambulance response and access for the neighbors of the house.