• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Emergency News

Secret Chief

Degrow!
A thread for:
Global events caused by climate change.
(deniers start your own thread, this isn't a debate sub-forum)

Latest from the UK. I can't recall (since last summer's heatwave) experiencing one consecutive week without rain. The roads are crumbling (exacerbated by the tory government cutting local authority money - the authorities that have to pay for the filling in of potholes).

"The Met Office has briefed the Government and transport chiefs to prepare for at least 50 days of rain in the next three months, leading to fears over further flooding in the UK... The UK has already had a very wet year, with London experiencing its wettest February since 1836... Climate change is largely to blame for the UK’s wetter weather. As the atmosphere warms, it holds more moisture - around 7% for each degree. As the average temperature in the UK continues to rise, we can expect to see further increases to rainfall as well."

- UK set for '50 days of rain' in one of the wettest summers in over a hundred years

+

- MSN

+

- Climate change made UK's waterlogged winter worse

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
A thread for:

Latest from the UK. I can't recall (since last summer's heatwave) experiencing one consecutive week without rain. The roads are crumbling (exacerbated by the tory government cutting local authority money - the authorities that have to pay for the filling in of potholes).

"The Met Office has briefed the Government and transport chiefs to prepare for at least 50 days of rain in the next three months, leading to fears over further flooding in the UK... The UK has already had a very wet year, with London experiencing its wettest February since 1836... Climate change is largely to blame for the UK’s wetter weather. As the atmosphere warms, it holds more moisture - around 7% for each degree. As the average temperature in the UK continues to rise, we can expect to see further increases to rainfall as well."

- UK set for '50 days of rain' in one of the wettest summers in over a hundred years

+

- MSN

+

The same in Denmark.
That and more wind and thus more costal flooding..

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A thread for:

+

- MSN

+

In other parts of the world. Extreme heat waves have become the new normal.
Half the World's Population Faced Extreme Heat for at Least 30 Days This Summer
1716899999051.png

48 percent of the world’s population experienced at least 30 days of extreme heat that was made at least three times more likely by climate change, and at least 1.5 billion people experienced heat at that level or higher for the entire summer. Many of those people were in areas closer to the equator, such as the Caribbean, northern Africa and Southeast Asia.

Saggath

I live in a BSk Köppen climate classification area. Usually cool and dry, with seasonally large swings in temperatures, and significant day-to-night temperature fluctuation. We have blizzards some winters. Tornadoes are infrequent and nothing like those in the Midwest. One of our rivers floods a couple of times per century. I’m keeping my eyes peeled, and will inform of unusual weather, and of change from BSk.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A thread for:

+

- MSN

+

Delhi, India's capital just recorded the highest temperature ever recorded anywhere in India since records began. It recorded 52.9 C (127.2 F) well above the earlier record of 51 C recorded in Rajasthan.
Delhi Temperature Now Just 3.8 Degrees Shy Of World Record Set In 1913