• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Close the board down-- here's the deal..

khalou

Are there any scientific arguments against the overall acceptance of evolution that aren't in some way supported by the Discovery Institute?

k

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Are there any scientific arguments against the overall acceptance of evolution that aren't in some way supported by the Discovery Institute?

k

I could send you some pictures of my co-workers (?)

rojse

RF Addict
All of the Discovery Institute's objections, as far as I am aware, are based on the Bible and religion.

Evolution is as close as a theory can become to being an established fact, like gravity.

khalou

Well, that's true, but there are no other arguments besides those of the Discovery Institute.

That was my point.

A point I suppose I have made with others who agree with me. Not exactly what I was after. :)

k

Booko

Deviled Hen
Well, that's true, but there are no other arguments besides those of the Discovery Institute.

That was my point.

A point I suppose I have made with others who agree with me. Not exactly what I was after. :)

Well, it would be inaccurate to think that because it's a forum with many theists, that the theists have a lot of respect for so-called Intelligent Design (or whatever moniker they're using these days).

There are a few that do, but my impression is that's it's a very small few.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd have made it through the Chemistry degrees with such blinders on.

Though I do remember one HS Physics teacher of mine who insisted that evolutionary theory violated the Laws of Thermodynamis. Even in 12th grade I knew what a "closed system" was. It was difficult not to laugh, but hey, I had to get a decent grade too.