• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Complicated Theoretical Mathematics

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I was told by a doctor that quitting smoking adds ten years to your life.
So if I quite smoking, adding 10 years to my life, wait a year smoke free, smoke for one year, quit, adding 10 years to me life, wait a year smoke free, smoke for one year, quit, adding 10 years to me life.....
Is it possible to live for ever?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So if I quite smoking, adding 10 years to my life, wait a year smoke free, smoke for one year, quit, adding 10 years to me life, wait a year smoke free, smoke for one year, quit, adding 10 years to me life.....
Uhhhh...my head hurts...

Tinkerpeach

Smoking is only going to take years off your life if you are genetically susceptible to it.

Most people have no issues with smoking.

It is unhealthy though but if you are ok not running marathons it’s not a big deal.

RestlessSoul

I think you have to stay stopped, to get the benefits. Stopping is easy, I used to do it every time I fell asleep. Not smoking whilst awake is the hard part.

If smoking is so bad for your health, how come it cures salmon?

No wonder folk are losing faith in science when they can see these lies for themselves :mad:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
George Burns could of achieved immortality but of course his mathematical timing was a bit off.

Tomef

Did your Dr say if you add in frequent pauses smoking won’t do you in sooner than you might kick the bucket otherwise? Like saying if you keep pausing a tape you will never get to the end - well no, only if you stop it. In any case, dying would end your smoking habit, so if you had a series of pauses ended by death maybe the 10 years gained by stopping after death can be enjoyed now, so keep lighting up and don’t worry.

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Well, I think you've cracked it. Spark me a ciggie and we'll celebrate this one.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
.yes.

Please do this experiment for us.