• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COmputer True and Falses..

Saw11_2000

But they're made to detect the firewall aren't they?

My AV scanner detected it, not my firewall.

Either way, something got it.

Crystallas

I still dont get why people who dont run a lot of games use windows at all. Windows isnt the easiest to use...well obviously if you need to deal with all the hassle. Oh well.. its manipulation on top of more manipulation. Most people cant read between the lines in tech, even techies.
My fiance gave me her dead laptop, I changed out the board, new chip and added a handful of goodies, some even home-made. Threw Ubunto onto it with a windows user friendly scheme... as computer illiterate as she is... she allready knows how to get around it(2 weeks! vs 10 years of windows and no dice!)

Saw11_2000

Yay Microsoft! :)

I hope that Windows Vista is slightly better. I really haven't seen too much differing from Windows XP actually.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
I really haven't seen too much differing from Windows XP actually.
There isn't so far, no. Vista is in beta still. XP had so many flaws, but as MS are trying to make things blind to dumb users more and more, Vista will be a haven of flaws. *sigh*

Saw11_2000

I got that damn JAVA_ByteVerify.A just like half the other world because I didn't download that JPEG vulnerability patch....

I wonder if the patch makes the infection void. I believe it installed some malicious Russian spyware from the "Melkosoft Corporation". Since the security hole is closed, maybe that means that the infection is now benign.

I don't know, I'm gonna stop thinking.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Saw11_2000 said:
I got that damn JAVA_ByteVerify.A just like half the other world because I didn't download that JPEG vulnerability patch....
I have not downloaded any updates, and didn't get that Java Byte Verify trojan...but ten again the "half" that did are mostly teenage girls who will accept anything sent to them in an IM conversation, especially from strangers :rolleyes:

I wonder if the patch makes the infection void. I believe it installed some malicious Russian spyware from the "Melkosoft Corporation".
:eek: what the hell do you do online???

Since the security hole is closed, maybe that means that the infection is now benign.
Nope.

Saw11_2000

:eek: what the hell do you do online???
I actually was stupid enough to run a suspicious file on my desktop. And even more stupid, I deleted the file. I have my firewall and antivirus set up to very high levels, and I run 4 antispyware programs. I have cleaned all traces of "known" spyware off of my system. I'm hoping that the firewall will catch this program when it makes the mistake of phoning home to Russia, at which time, I will rip through my hard drive, find it, and kill it. I know that there are ways to get around firewalls. I ran the "firewallleaktest.com" tests, and reported the vulnerabilities to Trend Micro, and they sent me an email saying that the vulnerabilities had been fixed in the 2006 Version of TMIS. They might be BSing me, but whatever.

Saw11_2000

Whatever I got was not that bad.

I was running it in limited account, and no favorites were changed, start page was never changed, etc. I have never been directed to clavus.com.

The only thing detected was a java archive file.

I hope that since I visited that site it put anymore things on my computer.

It doesn't look like a legit. company.