• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

confused about religion

Melody

The Voice of Reason said:
Home schooled, no doubt. :eek:

TVOR
Hey! I homeschooled my boys for awhile. We're not all homeschooling because we're afraid our kids will be contaminated by people who believe differently! :(

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Melody said:
Hey! I homeschooled my boys for awhile. We're not all homeschooling because we're afraid our kids will be contaminated by people who believe differently! :(
LOL - sorry Melody - I was trying to imply that he was "self taught" - and not very well.

TVOR

Prima

***MOD POST***

Please do not resort to personal attacks, and please do not go off-topic. If no one else would like to comment on the topic, the thread can - and probably will - be closed.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
probably best...i think we scare krunk away...

too bad too cause i could use some of his delicious juice...

get it? Krunk Juice?? YEAHHHH!!! WHATTT????!!!

roryred

All any scientist attempts to do is to produce a model which resembles the universe as closely as possible.
In the past many processes were unknown. For example, how the weather occurred, or how the phases of the moon changed. So people invented Gods to control these phenomenon. This is how religion started
Then slowly but surely science has explained most of these natural occurences that Gods used to control. But of course there are still many problems that science still hasn't answered, scientist's are constantly trying to solve these questions.
I believe that there is no need to abdicate responsibility to a higher power, I believe there are logical rules governing the universe.
I don't think there is any need for religion in this time. I think that it actually causes a lot of harm - in religous wars and conflict.
I don't believe that morals depend on any religion. I believe morals evolved with us to produce the most stable society. This would mean in general most people will be polite and in most circumstances will be generous. This is because in many cases an individual will prosper more by helping the whole community than by just helping themselves.