• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Console Wars

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
The 360 has been out for a while, but we have yet to see the Wii and PS3. When all three of these are out, which do you plan on getting before the others? What aspects of these systems are selling points for you?

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
My brother and I currently own an Xbox, a PS2, and a Cube. My bro plans to get a 360.
I myself love Nintendo, and the Wii is looking very interesting. The motion senser controller looks like it will have a lot of possibility. Wii owners will also be able to download classic Nintendo games and the Wii is compatible with Gamecube games. Two of the luanch titles will be solid: Twighlight Princess and Smash Bros.
So far, I'm unimpressed with the PS3 games. There are a few that look cool, but they will also appear in 360 versions (Assassin's Creed and PSU).

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
I currently own a 360, and I won't buy any other console simply because of the superior hardware advancements of the 360. In my mind, there's only one clear choice for high-def' gaming :)

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
I plan on getting a Wii first. I'm already sold on the new Metroid, Zelda, and (because I'm a huge dork) Super Monkey Ball. And its pricing a high selling point for me too, since I'm getting ready to start school and trying to move out. If I get enough money in the future, I may end up getting a 360. PS3 is just way too expensive and it seems like Sony is having more problems with it than they should be.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
The PS3's price point is WWAAAAYYY to high, you can buy a 360 AND a Wii for what they're asking for it. I currently own a 360 (as well as a PS2, Xbx, GC, PSP, PS1, N64, SNES, NES, and Atari 2600 all still working) and do not plan on getting a PS3 untill it drops in price, even if thats 3 years after its release.

waacman

Restoration of everything
I have a 360, i pretty much got into microsoft's xbox because of the Halo series, thats prettymuch it, but I am looking forward to some other really cool FPS's like the rereleased 360 version of Half life 2 that won't be ported so crappily this time. I also kinda like RPG Oblivion, but I got hooked on that too long this summer and just stopped playing it when I started school

Ðanisty

I'll definitely be getting a PS3 because all the games I love are going to be out on that system...they always are.

cardero

Citizen Mod
PS3, but it won't be for many many years. I still have to exhaust over 600 PS1 and PS2 titles that are now down to $5.00. The Wii will have many years to try to impress me, I bought a GameCube and with the exception of some bright in-house Nintendo titles (Animal Crossing, Metroid, Zelda, Super Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario) it left me kind of flat with third party support.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Bouncing Ball said:
I am going for the Wii. I want the next wario stupid games!
360 would be next on the list as this one is not for sony..
Wario stupid games for me too. I can envisage competing with people before or after a night out being a lot of fun. :)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
The only way I would own a PS3 or 360 was if it was given to me. I'm pretty disgusted with Sony's release tactics of "let's release less than 10 PS3s per store to make the illusion of massive demand". And the 360 just doesn't appeal to me... I had an Xbox and didn't enjoy it much.

The Wii will have sequels to some of my favorite games, though, so I definitely plan on getting one once the price drops.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I got a 360 the day they were released.
I'll definitly get a Wii when thier released, for the new Metroid and Zelda game.
PS3 I'll also get, for the new generation of RPG's, Metal Gear Solid games, and there's a shooter for it, I have no idea what the title, but supposedly the multiplayer maps are large enough, and servers fast enough, to support 80 people at once. That would be one hellishly fun game having a 40v40.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Luke Wolf said:
I'll definitly get a Wii when thier released, for the new Metroid and Zelda game.

What's holding you back? Wii came out yesterday. Although, I would imagine that Zelda would be hard to get a hold of if you didn't pre-order. And Metroid was delayed to 07. So, I guess there isn't much of a reason to rush.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What's holding you back? Wii came out yesterday. Although, I would imagine that Zelda would be hard to get a hold of if you didn't pre-order. And Metroid was delayed to 07. So, I guess there isn't much of a reason to rush.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAMECRAZY FAILED ME!!!! I preordered Zelda over a year ago. Over a year I have been in anticipation.
Just a quick question, Twilight Princess still will play for Gamecube won't it? Or did Nintendo make a Wii title?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Luke Wolf said:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAMECRAZY FAILED ME!!!! I preordered Zelda over a year ago. Over a year I have been in anticipation.
Just a quick question, Twilight Princess still will play for Gamecube won't it? Or did Nintendo make a Wii title?

They are releasing it for both. While the Wii version is already available, the Gamecube one won't be for a little while. And even though the Wii plays Cube games, you'll have to use a standard Cube controller when you play it on your Wii.

silvermoon383

I plan to get the Wii first (because the games I want for it are out first), and then I'll be getting a PS3 (Final Fantasy and Ace Combat being the main reasons). I'll never get an Xbox, Xbox 360, or any other Xbox. Ever.