• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cosmic Gods

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Existence is beyond primal chaos. Nothing is beyond existence because it would have to exist, which makes it not above it. :)

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
I've heard these kinds of 'characters' referred to as 'ascended masters'.

Not sure what the exact prerequisites for 'god status' are/would be.

Straw Dog

Existence is beyond primal chaos. Nothing is beyond existence because it would have to exist, which makes it not above it. :)

Primal chaos is just a metaphor for that which is beyond all distinction-making and human comprehension. You're free to use a different metaphor.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I wouldn't see much reason for reverence if their content and superior selves have no concern for helping others achieve the same.

Good point. As a Theistic Satanist, I believe that Satan has an interest in helping us attain such a state so that reverence towards Him is called for, but only if one feels so inclined. I don't believe that He would ever force anyone to worship Him or that He even needs it. By the way, "worship" is defined as reverential love. It can be a feeling as much as a practice and certainly doesn't inherently imply the sort of blind faith or servitude you see some quarters.

As to the OP's conception of gods, it reminds me of my own musing of where Satan and His allied deities came from. Maybe They went through Their own evolution on another planet or in another realm (certainly possible with the multiverse theory) and now seek to help other sentient life forms ascend to Godhood.

Last edited:

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Perhaps the process is necessary. Maybe they can't or won't force unnatural transformations. We need to evolve on our own and earn self-mastery rather than it just being handed to us. They don't want to treat us like children.

Granted they're social beings, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have also evolved ethically, culturally, and spiritually along with the technological. Any species that fails to master their own nature would destroy itself long before reaching the omega point.

I call these beings "gods" because they would hypothetically be the most powerful and all-knowing intelligent entities in existence. They would be at the pinnacle of transcendence in every way. Plus, most other modern notions of deity are extremely vague tending to mean everything and nothing at the same time, which I don't find particularly useful.

Have you ever read "Childhood's End"?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Straw Dog,

Do you think cosmic gods could exist?
Not sure what you really mean but find at most times what we imagine have already been imagined, researched found analysed and availble in Hindu or Buddhist scriptures.
May be this covers what you speak off, from Buddhism:

Love & rgds

Last edited: