• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could have Islam exist without Judaism & Christianity?

gnostic

The Lost One
godobeyer said:
Evidence it's the Quran its self , because we believe that the Quran could not made by human .

The Qur'an can't be evidence to itself. :biglaugh:

And your belief in the book, doesn't mean all your beliefs to be evidences.

That's circular logic. There so much flaws in that sort of thinking.

godobeyer said:
Even he knows a little , where is the problem ?
it's a certification of not guilty to copy/paste from the Torah and Gospel ?

Muhammad (pbuh) was illiturate , which mean he could not read or write .

I actually have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER about Muhammad knowing biblical stories before he became a prophet. The problem seemed to be the Muslims, who think that just because he may not be able to read, that he couldn't hear the stories being recited or preached by Jews or Christians. There is no logic with the way they think Muhammad was.

People (Muslims) who think like that, think that Muhammad must be very stupid. I don't think Muhamamd is stupid at all. He broke away from Judaism and Christianity to start a completely new religion and he had inspired people to fight for his cause and for the survival of his fledgling religion. That's not stupid at all.

Some people can learn through reading, best. While other preferred to listen. The third way to learn is through seeing (observation) and doing. So not being able to read at that time (Muhammad's) doesn't mean anything.

That's why I only feel contempt for people who think that the only way to learn stories is through reading. Right now, you are equating illiteracy with stupidity. You keep saying he can't read.

Many Christians couldn't read too, at that time. But that didn't stop them from learning the gospels through missionaries...through words of mouth. Storytellers, bards were illiterate, and these stories were passed on through listening to recitals, hence oral traditions.

Last edited:
Much of Islam are based on 2 different religions: Judaism and Christianity.

So could Islam exist without Judaism and Christianity?

The scriptures that narrated the lives of Adam to Noah, to Abraham, to Moses, and to the kings, the survivors of the Exile in Babylon to the construction of the Second Temple (in the Tanakh) and the lives of Jesus and Paul.

So without Abraham and Ishmael, there would be no Muhammad.
Yes.

Look at it this way: Think of it the progression as a rope, and Islam as the end of the rope. You can tie other threads or knots in the rope anywhere along the timeline, but Islam isn't dependant upon the other systems. You could even wind the rope around obstacles, but at the end is still Islam, even if the rope was straight and without knots or winding.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yes.

Look at it this way: Think of it the progression as a rope, and Islam as the end of the rope. You can tie other threads or knots in the rope anywhere along the timeline, but Islam isn't dependant upon the other systems. You could even wind the rope around obstacles, but at the end is still Islam, even if the rope was straight and without knots or winding.

i like your exemple , it's so how correct .

and about your point .
that's why i asked some christians , why you have OT in the Bible , OT is belong to other religion judiasm !!!

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
The Qur'an can't be evidence to itself. :biglaugh:

And your belief in the book, doesn't mean all your beliefs to be evidences.

That's circular logic. There so much flaws in that sort of thinking.
you just laughing for my faith .

I actually have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER about Muhammad knowing biblical stories before he became a prophet. The problem seemed to be the Muslims, who think that just because he may not be able to read, that he couldn't hear the stories being recited or preached by Jews or Christians. There is no logic with the way they think Muhammad was.
yes he was not able to read or to write .

about he could heard about the religion of christainity and judiasm ,for my that's not true and not logical , because he traval to Palestine many times before he became a messanger

but i don't know if the christians and jews in the past accused him that he (study ) or copy /paste from their religion . , i did not heard about that before , and there is no history credibal evidence support that .

People (Muslims) who think like that, think that Muhammad must be very stupid. I don't think Muhamamd is stupid at all. He broke away from Judaism and Christianity to start a completely new religion and he had inspired people to fight for his cause and for the survival of his fledgling religion. That's not stupid at all.
it's not new religion , all the messangers and prophets of God , had the same message , that Muhammad (pbuh) came for ., but we believe that the bible is corrupted .

Some people can learn through reading, best. While other preferred to listen. The third way to learn is through seeing (observation) and doing. So not being able to read at that time (Muhammad's) doesn't mean anything.

That's why I only feel contempt for people who think that the only way to learn stories is through reading. Right now, you are equating illiteracy with stupidity. You keep saying he can't read.

Many Christians couldn't read too, at that time. But that didn't stop them from learning the gospels through missionaries...through words of mouth. Storytellers, bards were illiterate, and these stories were passed on through listening to recitals, hence oral traditions.
don't say , that i did not said plz

i did not equating illiterarcy to stupidity !!!
not every illitertate man is stupid , and not every literature man is not stupid .
litterature is an option of knowlege , stupidity is sick in the head .

Aabraham ben Azar

Could Judaism & Christinaty exist without Abrahamism
Much of Judaism is based on religion: Abrahamism.
Much of Christinaty is based on religion : Judaism

So could both of them exist without Abrahamism.

So without Abraham , there would be no Moses and Jesus

gnostic

The Lost One
aabraham Ben azar said:
So could both of them exist without Abrahamism.

So without Abraham , there would be no Moses and Jesus

:yes:

But with no Abraham, there would certainly be no Ishmael too. And if we are to believe Muslims' claims about Ishmael, no Ishmael would also be no Muhummad.

aabraham Ben azar said:
Could Judaism & Christinaty exist without Abrahamism
Much of Judaism is based on religion: Abrahamism.
Much of Christinaty is based on religion : Judaism
And much of Islam is based on both traditions and on both religions: Judaism & Christianity.

Aabraham ben Azar

Much of Islam are based on 2 different religions: Judaism and Christianity.

So could Islam exist without Judaism and Christianity?

The scriptures that narrated the lives of Adam to Noah, to Abraham, to Moses, and to the kings, the survivors of the Exile in Babylon to the construction of the Second Temple (in the Tanakh) and the lives of Jesus and Paul.

So without Abraham and Ishmael, there would be no Muhammad.

So without Abraham and Isaac, there would be no Moses and Jesus.