• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

could the holy spirit be a female entity?

kylixguru

:biglaugh:

Oooh! God's gonna send me to my room without my num-num!
Bad Sojourner! Bad! [hangs head, tucks tail]

I don't think God spends too much time on human nomenclature.

edit: [BTW: My assessment of your "analysis" stands as is]
You may continue to mock if you please.
Evidently you derive some sort of amusement from doing such.

kylixguru

Mocking is provoked by invoking God's "wrath."

Still the lightning bolts, and I'll abort the winged monkeys.

:monkey:
I see. So whoever gets mocked deserves it?

So when the Jews mocked Jesus it was a righteous group of people properly subjecting Jesus to God's wrath?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I see. So whoever gets mocked deserves it?

So when the Jews mocked Jesus it was a righteous group of people properly subjecting Jesus to God's wrath?
Funny.
I took it to mean that the second you threaten someone with your gods wrath, you deserve to be mocked.

I actually agree with it.
The second you threaten another person with your god doing something, is the second you deserve to be mocked.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Funny.
I took it to mean that the second you threaten someone with your gods wrath, you deserve to be mocked.

The second you threaten another person with your god doing something, is the second you deserve to be mocked.
Bingo!
Yahtzee!
DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDIGNGDING!!!

:foryou:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I am interested in being friends with God because He is awesome.
I'm quite sure our friendship is very much in spite of my lack of awesomeness.
No need to put yourself down like that; why would God want to be your friend if you self-deprecate?

kylixguru

Funny.

I don't consider it my place to direct God's wrath and I don't believe I have attempted to do so.
There are some who do receive it and I'd rather this not happen to those it happens to.

kylixguru

No need to put yourself down like that; why would God want to be your friend if you self-deprecate?
Because I have flaws and imperfections I am willing to be realistic about.
God knows I am doing my best and not trying to gloss over them or to expect Him to gloss over them.
That's pretty much how a genuine friendship works.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Because I have flaws and imperfections I am willing to be realistic about.
God knows I am doing my best and not trying to gloss over them or to expect Him to gloss over them.
That's pretty much how a genuine friendship works.
Do you whine to your friends on earth about how much you think you suck?

I wouldn't say whining is necessary to a 'real friendship' either. :p

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I don't consider it my place to direct God's wrath and I don't believe I have attempted to do so.
There are some who do receive it and I'd rather this not happen to those it happens to.
I believe you have attempted to do so.
May I turn your attention to post #158? to wit:
God doesn't appreciate you calling the seals upon His Word ancient myth.

I make an assessment of an opinion printed in an internet forum post, and receive God's judgment in return?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So you are saying that you disagree with your god?

Seeing as I have never seen anything that would indicate god delivering his wrath...
However, that may well be a topic for a different thread.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think the question presented leads towards that slippery slope. "Could the Holy Spirit be a female entity?" is already on that side of the fence. Now, "Could the Holy Spirit be considered feminine?" would be a safe choice. It's talking of interpretation of spirit, not spirit itself.

Not male nor female because God's holy spirit is neuter.

Neuter as in being an 'it' or an 'itself' - Numbers 11 vs 16,17,25; Romans 8 vs 16,26

God's spirit is not the Father but an active force that God uses as he puts his spirit upon someone or something.-Psalm 104 v 30.