• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COVID vaccine and children

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was watching this video and thought of a question. I think it was posed by someone else before but because of the debate, it kinda got pushed aside.

Myocarditis is heart inflammation, but to be more specific, it’s inflammation of the heart muscle. Pericarditis is inflammation of the pericardium (outer lining of the heart). Myocarditis and pericarditis often occur together, hence the term myopericarditis.
How often is it caused by COVID?
How often is it caused by the mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna?
What are the symptoms of heart inflammation?
How is it diagnosed?
I’m going to unpack all of it in this video.

(Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a conspiracy theory or antivaxxer silliness just educational)

In your opinion, why aren't COVID vaccines given to children?

In the video it mentioned 330 I believe children died (6.25) of COVID and roughly 15% children cases out of the general population of those who died-I think it's US population if I'm not mistaken. I didn't triple check since I rather a brief and mature answer than a debate about numbers.

So, since that is the case unfortunately, what's preventing CDC from giving vaccines to children when COVID is said to be worse than potential rare life threating side and/or mild side affects of the vaccine?

Most people who have had side affects were mild, so why would children be different in regards to age?

Please don't reply if your focus is more on me and not the questions provided.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
So, since that is the case unfortunately, what's preventing CDC from giving vaccines to children when COVID is said to be worse than potential life threating side and rare side affects of the vaccine?

What about this data from the CDC?:

Screenshot_20210710-193030~2.png

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
My understanding is that we still need to verify that children form the protective antibodies from the vaccines. The bet is that they would, but we need the actual tests to be done to verify this. Children don't always have the same immune reactions as adults and the specifics can be dependent on the vaccine (or infection). So we need to test.

Suave

Simulated character
I was watching this video and thought of a question. I think it was posed by someone else before but because of the debate, it kinda got pushed aside.

Myocarditis is heart inflammation, but to be more specific, it’s inflammation of the heart muscle. Pericarditis is inflammation of the pericardium (outer lining of the heart). Myocarditis and pericarditis often occur together, hence the term myopericarditis.
How often is it caused by COVID?
How often is it caused by the mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna?
What are the symptoms of heart inflammation?
How is it diagnosed?
I’m going to unpack all of it in this video.

(Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a conspiracy theory or antivaxxer silliness just educational)

In your opinion, why aren't COVID vaccines given to children?

In the video it mentioned 330 I believe children died (6.25) of COVID and roughly 15% children cases out of the general population of those who died-I think it's US population if I'm not mistaken. I didn't triple check since I rather a brief and mature answer than a debate about numbers.

So, since that is the case unfortunately, what's preventing CDC from giving vaccines to children when COVID is said to be worse than potential rare life threating side and/or mild side affects of the vaccine?

Most people who have had side affects were mild, so why would children be different in regards to age?

Please don't reply if your focus is more on me and not the questions provided.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has said that, for the vast majority of children, the small risks from Covid do not outweigh the potential risks from vaccines.

Covid vaccines on hold for most children amid fears they could trigger heart conditions

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My understanding is that we still need to verify that children form the protective antibodies from the vaccines. The bet is that they would, but we need the actual tests to be done to verify this. Children don't always have the same immune reactions as adults and the specifics can be dependent on the vaccine (or infection). So we need to test.

Thanks. I was thinking it was because they may have a higher risk of side affects (whatever they may be) than someone with a more matured immune system.

Edit.
Probably similar to why people older are at higher risk than middle age, I would assume children would be at higher risk too whether immune system maturing or weakening with age.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Could they be getting it at school? I need to look that up.

So far read Suave's link said since heart inflammations are found in young male teens, they're being extra precautious of children. It said "The JCVI said almost all children and young people are at very low risk from Covid, with symptoms typically mild if they occur at all. As of March this year, fewer than 30 children have died in the UK because of Covid."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But the COVID vaccine in the states are not given to children under 12 why?

Pfizer's vaccine study is enrolling more than 4,600 children in three age groups: 5-to-11-year-olds; 2-to-5-year-olds; and babies 6 months up to age 2.

Data for children 5 to 11 could come sometime in September and depending on the findings, the company told CNN it could ask the US Food and Drug Administration to authorize emergency use of the vaccine that same month.

Data for 2-to-5-year-olds could arrive soon after. For the youngest children, Pfizer said it could potentially get data in October or November, and shortly thereafter ask the FDA to authorize emergency use.

Why a Covid-19 vaccine isn't available for kids yet - CNN

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Pfizer's vaccine study is enrolling more than 4,600 children in three age groups: 5-to-11-year-olds; 2-to-5-year-olds; and babies 6 months up to age 2.

Data for children 5 to 11 could come sometime in September and depending on the findings, the company told CNN it could ask the US Food and Drug Administration to authorize emergency use of the vaccine that same month.

Data for 2-to-5-year-olds could arrive soon after. For the youngest children, Pfizer said it could potentially get data in October or November, and shortly thereafter ask the FDA to authorize emergency use.

Why a Covid-19 vaccine isn't available for kids yet - CNN

Nice article. Thanks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has said that, for the vast majority of children, the small risks from Covid do not outweigh the potential risks from vaccines.

Covid vaccines on hold for most children amid fears they could trigger heart conditions
The linked article was interesting for what it didn't say.
It had lots of named disorders, & lots of statistics. But it said
nothing about how many deaths or long term infirmities
resulted from myocarditis, pericarditis, or blood clots.
(Yes, they're scary diseases, but what's the prognosis?)
There was no quantitative comparison of the risks of vaccination
vs risks of contracting Covid. This would be necessary in order
to formulate any public policy.

What I suspect is that government prefers to err on the side
of deaths from Covid, versus deaths from affirmative steps it
takes. IOW, if someone dies from Covid it's not their fault.
But if someone dies from vaccination, that could be blamed
on them, & is therefore politically unacceptable.

Suave

Simulated character
The linked article was interesting for what it didn't say.
It had lots of named disorders, & lots of statistics. But it said
nothing about how many deaths or long term infirmities
resulted from myocarditis, pericarditis, or blood clots.
(Yes, they're scary diseases, but what's the prognosis?)
There was no quantitative comparison of the risks of vaccination
vs risks of contracting Covid. This would be necessary in order
to formulate any public policy.

What I suspect is that government prefers to err on the side
of deaths from Covid, versus deaths from affirmative steps it
takes. IOW, if someone dies from Covid it's not their fault.
But if someone dies from vaccination, that could be blamed
on them, & is therefore politically unacceptable.

For young adult males in their 20s who I figure have about a one out of 20,000 chance of getting heart inflammation by being vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D. from which they could very well fully recover from, compared to about a one out of 20,000 chance of dying from C.O.V.I.D by being unvaccinated from which I suspect there is no chance of them coming back from the dead; I would suggest young adult males in their 20s being vaccinated and having near certain immunity against C.O.V.I.D.-19 is very well worth the risk of getting heart inflammation by being vaccinated. That stated, however, the risk of an adolescent male or boy dying by C.O.V.I.D.-19 is only about one out of 200,000 compared to possibly a one in 20,000 chance of being hospitalized due to heart inflammation caused by being mRNA vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D.-19. Therefore, I'm not convinced any male under age 18 should necessarily take the one out of a 20,000 chance of being hospitalized due to heart inflammation by being mRNA vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D.-19 in exchange for having near certain immunity from a disease they would otherwise likely have only a 1 out of a 200,000 chance of dying from being infected by C.O.V.I.D.-19.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For young adult males in their 20s who I figure have about a one out of 20,000 chance of getting heart inflammation by being vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D. from which they could very well fully recover from, compared to about a one out of 20,000 chance of dying from C.O.V.I.D by being unvaccinated from which I suspect there is no chance of them coming back from the dead; I would suggest young adult males in their 20s being vaccinated and having near certain immunity against C.O.V.I.D.-19 is very well worth the risk of getting heart inflammation by being vaccinated. That stated, however, the risk of an adolescent male or boy dying by C.O.V.I.D.-19 is only about one out of 200,000 compared to possibly a one in 20,000 chance of being hospitalized due to heart inflammation caused by being mRNA vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D.-19. Therefore, I'm not convinced any male under age 18 should necessarily take the one out of a 20,000 chance of being hospitalized due to heart inflammation by being mRNA vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D.-19 in exchange for having near certain immunity from a disease they would otherwise likely have only a 1 out of a 200,000 chance of dying from being infected by C.O.V.I.D.-19.
There is also positives (of vaccinating children) of
less chance of infecting someone else, & less chance
of becoming a long hauler.